Oakton is one of Australia’s leading Digital Consulting, Business and Technology Services companies, with over 1,000 employees and offices Australia wide and in Hyderabad India.
We are a full service digital advisory incorporating consulting services, data analytics, and business applications. We have the ability to provide holistic, end-to-end technology solutions as a wholly owned subsidiary of Dimension Data.
Dimension Data operates in 58 countries and is part of the NTT Group, the world’s 3rd largest telecommunications company.
About the Role
We are currently seeking a Project Manager to work across our projects in the financial services sector covering digital and regulatory programs. This is a great opportunity to work with one of Australia's well established consulting organisations and work across a variety of projects.
- Managing projects for both internal and external clients through the use of proven Agile project management methodologies
- Be responsible for the successful delivery of projects by driving the team to achieve the agreed scope of the project
- Collaborate with internal teams on project proposals, defining the project resource model, scope, and budgets
- Prepare and communicate project updates to clients and internally to the management team including the scope via the Product Backlog, action logs, risk register, resource changes and overall schedule
- Recognise and communicate when there has been change in scope, schedule, resource model, or any other area, that is expected to result in a material change to the budget, and/or the clients expectations
- Be the escalation path for the Scrum Master
- Be able to act as the Scrum Master on projects where necessary
- Collaborate with the technical team (external or internal) to ensure that the solution has been achieved
What we are looking for:
To be successful in this role you must have the following qualities, skills and experience:
- Strong Background in financial services or superannuation (desired) across digital/regulatory/compliance projects.
- Demonstrated track record of delivering projects on time and on budget.
- Experience in end to end project delivery with good ability to estimate and scope effort required.
- Experience in business project management and running or being part of project steering committees.
- Strong stakeholder management skills.
- Experienced in various project management methodologies and solid experience in Agile (Scrum, Lean, XP, Kanban etc.).
- Flexibility to travel to different client sites in Sydney as required.
At Oakton, we believe that how you think about the problem is more important than the problem itself.
Our employees are driven to think in new ways and contribute to innovative solutions for our clients.
We see things others don't.
In return for your skills and your commitment to our values, you will be rewarded with:
- Industry leading benefits including Income Protection & Crisis Insurance.
- Excellent development and growth opportunities.
- Unparalleled IT industry positioning.
- A supportive, talented and focused team.