Do you believe you can do anything? Then we’re here to help you do it.
If you have a desire to succeed and drive your own career, Dimension Data offers you the opportunity to make that happen.
We’re positioned to lead the change in the biggest transformation that the IT industry has seen in decades — and we need your talent, skill, and ambitious ideas. As a Global Top Employer to over 31,000 great people in more than 57 countries, you’ll be working with talented teams across the world. You’ll be doing great things for our clients and helping them achieve their business ambitions.
The Technical Architect is required to support in parallel the needs of the SMS Project and the RMS Project, which are both at diferent stages of the project lifecycle. As a result, the role required for each project will vary in terms of outputs and areas of assistance required.
Due to functional and technical overlaps, and necessity that the RMS solution will need to leverage components of the SMS, it is envisoned that the Technical Architect will be able to work across both projects, to understand and provide direction.
It is this recognition of overlaps and alignment, that has determined this role will work across both projects.
So what do we need?
For the SMS Project, we are looking for the Technical Architect to support our existing Technical Lead and Solution Architect by working on analysing, defining and contributing to the implementation of anholistic Student Management System in conjunction with our vendor Ellucian.
As this project has already commenced, the role will look to add value through technical architecture planning, guidance and advice in conjunction with existing staff.
3 SMS Project – Technical Architect Brief
For the RMS Project which is in the initiation and market engagement stage, we are looking for the Technical Architect to provide assistance with the technical direction, provide detailed analysis of recommendations, and support the design around how the selected solution fits within the ecosystem of Western during implementation.
What are the qualities we are looking for?
• Logical and analytical thinkers An ability to review complex information and provide practical and pragmatic guidance and assistance. • Superior Communication skills An ability to work with a wide variety of stakeholders and levels of staff across the organisation. An ability to convey thoughts and ideas to these stakeholders and provide information to them on how the Banner SMS will deliver existing processes in a streamlined approach.
• Excellent Facilitation skills Ability to facilitate workshops, lead small group meetings and document outcomes using a range of tools including MS Word and Visio.
• Able to work in an Agile project environment
• Strong understanding of architectural principles, information system design and implementation, information and data management experience, particularly in reference to data models and flows.
• Strong understanding of integration and integration technologies/ protocols is essential.
• Appreciation of architectural frameworks such as TOGAF
We look for people with a client centric, consultative approach. We want team players. We care about our clients, our colleagues, and the environment and we want you to do the same.
In return for your skills and your commitment to our values, you will be exposed to industry leading technology, projects and expertise. You’ll have the support of specialist colleagues across Australia and the globe. And unique in the contracting market, you’ll be charged no payroll administration fees, and have access to discounted training and certifications via Dimension Data Learning Solutions.
Join our growing global team and accelerate your career with Dimension Data. Apply today!
Diversity in Dimension Data
Dimension Data is an equal opportunity employer with a global culture that embraces diversity. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be unfairly discriminated against on any arbitrary ground including race, colour, sex, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, gender identity, sexual orientation, or other protected category.