Do you believe you can do anything? Then we’re here to help you do it.
If you have a desire to succeed and drive your own career, Dimension Data offers you the opportunity to make that happen.
We’re positioned to lead the change in the biggest transformation that the IT industry has seen in decades — and we need your talent, skill, and ambitious ideas. As a Global Top Employer to over 31,000 great people in more than 57 countries, you’ll be working with talented teams across the world. You’ll be doing great things for our clients and helping them achieve their business ambitions.
Your role is to perform a variety of 2nd level End point security, antivirus (AV) based engineering activities to enable delivery of complete Integrated Services Management across all ITIL disciplines, being Service Desk, Incident Management, Problem Management, Configuration Management, Change Management and Release Management.
This includes applying your analytical, reasoning & specialized technical expertise to investigate, isolate and rectify network incidents, identify root cause and undertake problem management activities. You will also be required to use these same skills to implement complex, large scale network changes within a structured change management framework, to perform release management and configuration management tasks in line with an ITIL compliant operations delivery structure.
- Accept, manage and update service requests to ensure contracted Service Level Agreements are met.
- Provide remote technical support within Managed Services’ ITIL aligned service delivery processes including Incident Management
- Manage, own and co-ordinate the technical resolution of incidents either remotely or onsite utilising Field Engineering resources
- Plan, coordinate and implement complex End point security / AV changes within customer specified change windows, adhering to a predefined ITIL change management framework.
- Where necessary, liaise and work with Professional Services Engineers and Solutions Architects around client AV projects and deployments
- Where appropriate, use lab equipment and resources to attempt to recreate client incidents and undertake fault simulation activities.
- Maintain detailed knowledge of the clients’ environment(s), where applicable, by maintaining and updating relevant documentation such as AV Network Diagrams, Configuration Databases along with process and procedural documentation.
To succeed in this role, you’ll need:
- Must understand Intel Security / McAfee EPO and supporting modules (Antivirus or AV, IPS, endpoint protection)
- Solid understanding of Active Directory groups
- Solid understanding of all Windows OS
- Experience managing McAfee AV, Encryption
- Host Based Intrusion Prevention Systems experience.
- McAfee ePolicy Orchestrator (ePO).
- Experience dealing with virus/worm outbreaks and malware analysis
- Maintain McAfee ePO environment in optimum performance and compliance standards.
- Experience with administration including the ability to configure and resolve complex security issues in support of enterprise endpoints (25,000+ nodes) in a geographically dispersed environment.
- Identify process and technical improvements for the environment
- Beneficial/non-essential skills can be listed here in sentence form.
We look for people with a client centric, consultative approach. You’re committed to excellence and ongoing development, and want to leverage the fantastic training opportunities that we offer. We want team players. We care about our clients, our colleagues, and the environment and we want you to do the same.
In return for your skills and your commitment to our values, you will be rewarded with a responsive and balanced workplace, unparalleled IT industry positioning, industry leading benefits, an excellent salary and bonus structure along with a talented and focused team.
Join our growing global team and accelerate your career with Dimension Data. Apply today!
Diversity in Dimension Data
Dimension Data is an equal opportunity employer with a global culture that embraces diversity. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be unfairly discriminated against on any arbitrary ground including race, colour, sex, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, gender identity, sexual orientation, or other protected category.