Oakton is a full-service Australian digital advisory, solutions and managed services organisation with 30 years of experience. We’re focused on delivering consulting services, data analysis, business applications and digital solutions. Our deep, experience-based understanding of the issues and trends of key industry sectors, along with an intimate knowledge of business and operational processes and management systems enable us to innovate and provide customised services. We offer a unique combination of local expertise and global resources which empowers our clients to optimise their operations.
Oakton is a fully-owned Dimension Data company. As a USD 8 billion global systems integrator and managed services provider, Dimension Data designs, manages and optimises today’s evolving technology. Dimension Data is also a proud member of the NTT Group, one of the world’s leading information communication technology (ICT) companies, comprising a group of global technology companies.
About the Role
We are currently seeking a Junior to Mid-level Project Manager to join our highly successful and growing Project Services team. This is a great opportunity to work across a variety of projects and be part of one of Australian's leading and well established consulting organisations. This is a permanent position.
- Managing projects for both internal and external clients through the use of proven Agile project management methodologies
- Be responsible for the successful delivery of projects by driving the team to achieve the agreed scope of the project
- Collaborate with internal teams on project proposals, defining the project resource model, scope, and budgets
- Prepare and communicate project updates to clients and internally to the management team including the scope via the Product Backlog, action logs, risk register, resource changes and overall schedule
- Recognise and communicate when there has been change in scope, schedule, resource model, or any other area, that is expected to result in a material change to the budget, and/or the clients expectations
- Be the escalation path for the Scrum Master
- Be able to act as the Scrum Master on projects where necessary
- Sprint Planning
- Collaborate with the technical team (external or internal) to ensure that the solution has been achieved
To be successful in this role you must have the following qualities, skills and experience:
- Solid experience delivering medium to large projects in an Agile/Hybrid Agile based environment.
- Demonstrated track record of delivering projects on time and on budget.
- Experience in end to end project delivery with good ability to estimate and scope effort required.
- Experience working within steering committees.
- Strong experience in delivery of bespoke systems or off the shelf application projects.
- Strong stakeholder management skills.
- A solid understanding of Agile methodologies and processes (Scrum, Lean, XP, Kanban etc.).
- Experience in financial services, government, higher education.
- Flexibility to travel to different client sites in Sydney as required.
- Design background and involvement with User Centred Design or User Experience projects.
- Microsoft CRM implementation experience is desirable.
- Other Microsoft technology experience is advantageous, eg one of SharePoint, .net/Azure/Sitecore.
- Experience working in consulting or IT services organisations.
At Oakton, we believe that how you think about the problem is more important than the problem itself. Our employees are driven to think in new ways and contribute to innovative solutions for our clients. We see things others don't.
You’ll have a variety of challenging and meaningful engagements from day one, and be supported as you drive your career, with the chance to cross-train in the latest technologies. When you join Oakton, you join a vibrant team, where company culture is a true enabler for success. An admirable reputation for innovative thinking and an agile approach ensures we are in demand from a range of organisations across multiple industries.
In return for your skills and your commitment to our values, you will be rewarded with:
- Industry leading benefits including Income Protection & Crisis Insurance
- An excellent salary structure and opportunities for growth
- Unparalleled IT industry positioning
- A supportive, talented and focused team.