Oakton is one of Australia’s leading Digital Consulting, Business and Technology Services companies, with over 1,000 employees and offices Australia wide and in Hyderabad India.
We are a full service digital advisory incorporating consulting services, data analytics, and business applications. We have the ability to provide holistic, end-to-end technology solutions as a wholly owned subsidiary of Dimension Data.
Dimension Data operates in 58 countries and is part of the NTT Group, the world’s 3 largest telecommunications company.
About the Role
We are seeking a talented and creative developer to work with our Digital Solutions team. We have exciting projects in our pipeline covering web, mobile, IOT and application integration which will leverage cutting edge technologies on the cloud.
The role is a permanent position that is ideal for mid-level developers looking to grow their profile in a consulting environment and be exposed to a variety of challenging projects. We are looking to bring in these resources towards February of next year but ideally the candidate would have flexibility to start earlier if required.
Your work will involve:
- Writing business requirements and technical specifications
- Delivery of high quality software.
- Collaboration with Product Managers/Product Owners, Scrum masters and Designers to build great applications
Skills & Experience
- Strong skills and knowledge of development, architecture and design standards on Java.
- Commercial experience on best practice user authorisation and authentication techniques and practices - SAML, OAUTH, JWT etc.
- Commercial experience developing REST APIs using JSON, OpenAPI and SOAP webservices using SML and W3C schema
- Experience in integration technologies such as ESB, API Management, WebServices, EDI
- Experience with AngularJS.
- Experience with ReactJS is highly desirable.
- Experience with developing and deploying solutions for AWS.
- Any experience in Apigee/Mulesoft/Axway/CA API Management/WSO2/Neuron ESB will be highly regarded
- Experience in Agile software delivery.
- DevOps and automation experience.
- Experience with TDD and test frameworks.
- Ability to manage and deal with varied stakeholders (technical and non-technical).
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Flexibility to travel to client sites around Sydney when required.
At Oakton, we believe that how you think about the problem is more important than the problem itself. Our employees are driven to think in new ways and contribute to innovative solutions for our clients. We see things others don't.
You’ll have a variety of challenging and meaningful engagements from day one, and be supported as you drive your career, with the chance to cross-train in the latest technologies. When you join Oakton, you join a vibrant team, where company culture is a true enabler for success. An admirable reputation for innovative thinking and an agile approach ensures we are in demand from a range of organisations across multiple industries.
In return for your skills and your commitment to our values, you will be rewarded with:
- Industry leading benefits including Income Protection & Crisis Insurance
- Excellent opportunities for growth and development
- Unparalleled IT industry positioning
- A talented, supportive and focused team