- ETL – extensive ETL experience is a must
- AWS – experience with AWS offerings in Data (Data Lake, RedShift)
- Data Analytics – experience with Data Science tools (Spark, Hadoop, Hive, Pig)
Viiew provides tiered workplace-as-a-service solutions, delivering a broad range of capability and services in ICT. Viiew's tailored solutions enable organisations to achieve business outcomes, while managing their risk as they consume technology and ICT services.
As a wholly owned subsidiary of Dimension Data, a global IT services and solutions provider, who are in turn owned by Nippon Telegraph & Telephone (NTT) – the world’s largest ICT provider of telecoms and services - you are joining an organisation with unparalleled IT industry positioning allowing for exceptional growth opportunities.
About the Role
We are seeking a Data Engineer to augment our Key client’s project delivering project outcome.
You will work to understand the business problem being solved: Engineer the data solutions required to do so, delivering iteratively ensuring high standards of software development and data quality;.
• A technical background in computer science, data science, machine learning, artificial intelligence, statistics or other quantitative and computational science
• A compelling track record of designing and deploying large scale technical solutions, which deliver tangible, ongoing value
• Direct experience having built and deployed complex production systems that implement modern data science methods at scale and do so robustly
• Demonstrated expertise working with and maintaining open source data analysis platforms
• (Cloud concepts, Amazon S3, RedShift, RStudio, Apache stack such as Kafka, Spark (Scala and PySpark) and other high-volume data tools,Tableau, DataStage ETL,Oracle Golden Gate)
Skills & Experience
• Understanding of the overall problem being solved and what flows into it
• Signs of initiative and ability to drive things forward
• A pragmatic approach to software and technology decisions as well as prioritisation and delivery
• Commitment to delivering value and helping stakeholders succeed
• Extensive ETL exp / AWS- experience with AWS offering in Data (Data Lake Redshift etc)
Viiew Consultants deliver with speed and agility, adapting to new projects and teams with ease. We meet deadlines, and we act with accountability. We are committed to the needs of our clients, and to professional excellence in all we do.
We reward our Consultants for their skills and alignment to our values with:
- Exposure to industry leading technology, projects and expertise
- Support of specialist colleagues across Australia and the globe as part of the Dimension Data group.
- No payroll administration fees.
- Entitlements to discounted training and certifications via Dimension Data Learning Solutions (DDLS).