- Be part of an large scale digital transformation project
- Attractive remuneration offer
- 6 month contract, immediate start avaliable
We are seeking a Senior Java Developer to augment our IT Services’s client project
As a member of the Engineering Team, the Senior Software Engineer will have the following responsibilities:
- Participate in the full development lifecycle including specification, estimation, design, implementation, integration, test, customer acceptance, deployment and working with systems analysts for defect investigation.
- Back-end software development of distributed systems for Automatic fare collection according to company standards.
- Working with customers and internal stakeholders to identify and analyse new requirements arising from change requests.
- Work with systems analysts in problem investigation, analysis, solution determination, and associated task estimation.
- Work collaboratively on requirements, design, implementation, review, test, and acceptance following all designated standards and development guidelines.
- Work productively and with minimal management supervision, both as part of a team as well as independently.
- Analyze available frameworks and technical solutions and make justified recommendations to the Engineering Team
- Provide guidance and mentoring to junior engineers and other members of the Engineering Team
- Consistently deliver on work, budget and schedule commitments.
- Monitors project status and progress.
- Consults with hardware engineers to evaluate hardware/software interfaces and optional performance requirements.
- Develop technical proposals with estimation and assist in writing new business proposals.
- Participates in the company-wide Continuous Process Improvement teams.
SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE & QUALIFICATIONS
- Bachelors Degree in Software Engineering, Computer Science or related discipline.
- Experience in software engineering development experience.
- Excellent experience with Java and Oracle Database development (PL/SQL).
- Strong experience with Windows and Unix-based operating systems.
- Strong experience in designing and building distributed back-end systems involving large databases.
- Strong networking knowledge.
- Strong verbal and written communications skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills. Ability to interact professionally with internal and external customers, and technical and non-technical persons.
- Ability to solve complex problems and design and develop distributed back-end systems.
- Demonstrated ability to meet deadlines. Sound time management skills.
- Experience with transport ticketing or tolling systems.
- Experience with Automatic Fare Collection systems.
- Experience with Spring Framework and Spring Boot.
- Experience with Android OS and iOS development.
- Good knowledge of C#, C, C++ languages.
- Training and/or experience with agile development methodologies such as Scrum.
We look for people with a client-centric, consultative approach. We want team players. We care about our clients, our colleagues, and the environment and we want you to do the same.