- Eastern Suburbs Location
- ASAP START
- Contract until June 2019
Viiew provides tiered workplace-as-a-service solutions, delivering a broad range of capability and services in ICT. Viiew's tailored solutions enable organisations to achieve business outcomes, while managing their risk as they consume technology and ICT services.
As a wholly owned subsidiary of Dimension Data, a global IT services and solutions provider, who are in turn owned by Nippon Telegraph & Telephone (NTT) – the world’s largest ICT provider of telecoms and services - you are joining an organisation with unparalleled IT industry positioning allowing for exceptional growth opportunities.
About the Role
We are seeking a Technical Support Manager for our Telecommunications client’s delivering Infrastructure and Networking project. Based on our client’s site in the Eastern Suburbs of Melbourne for a 7 month contract.
You’ll be required to manage a team and be technically hands-on in a 24/7 environment.
- As part of the ITS team you may be required to travel or transfer between your primary work location and other sites to effectively carry out your duties.
- The goal of the function is to provide and maintain integrated information and technology services to support operational communications within sector specifically focussed on the service operation portfolio.
- Reporting to the Manager ITS Operations, specific accountabilities will include
management of 24x7 environment across infrastructure, networks, systems and security.
The main purpose of the role is the maintenance and operations of IT infrastructure,
systems and networks ensuring that hardware and software are maintain to meet
- A key component of this function is to oversee and facilitate issues, resolution/escalation
and dependency management. Within this role you will be coordinating all required
technical activities and provide guidance to relevant team members ensuring tasks are
completed and delivered within the required timeframes.
- Experience in a multi-site corporate environment with strong communication skills to lead a small team of technical professionals focused on improving the end user / customer experience.
Skills & Experience
To successfully deliver this project you will need:
- Manage the ITIL processes
- Manage/monitor all infrastructure, network, security and computer systems to meet requirements
- Manage a team to provide second/third level support for network, infrastructure, systems and security requirements
- Act as a point of escalation for technical queries from direct reports and customers
- Delivery of change into the IT infrastructure, network and systems environments
- Monitor systems and identify performance issues proactively
- Act as asset coordinator for network, infrastructure, system hardware and software assets
- Work with vendors and service providers
- Acceptance into service of new infrastructure, networks and systems
- Normal working hours are 38 hours per week between 7 am and 7 pm, Monday to Friday.
You may be required to work reasonable overtime and participate in an on call roster.
Viiew Consultants deliver with speed and agility, adapting to new projects and teams with ease. We meet deadlines, and we act with accountability. We are committed to the needs of our clients, and to professional excellence in all we do.
We reward our Consultants for their skills and alignment to our values with:
- Exposure to industry leading technology, projects and expertise
- Support of specialist colleagues across Australia and the globe as part of the Dimension Data group.
- No payroll administration fees.
- Entitlements to discounted training and certifications via Dimension Data Learning Solutions (DDLS).