- Power BI + Data modelling
- ASAP START
Viiew provides tiered workplace-as-a-service solutions, delivering a broad range of capability and services in ICT. Viiew's tailored solutions enable organisations to achieve business outcomes, while managing their risk as they consume technology and ICT services.
As a wholly owned subsidiary of Dimension Data, a global IT services and solutions provider, who are in turn owned by Nippon Telegraph & Telephone (NTT) – the world’s largest ICT provider of telecoms and services - you are joining an organisation with unparalleled IT industry positioning allowing for exceptional growth opportunities.
About the Role
We are seeking a Senior Business Intelligence Analyst Programmer/Visualisation Developer to augment our leading professional services businesses. This is a backfill position for 4 months with a view to extend for another 6. Based on our client’s site in NSW Sydney location. You’ll be working on Dashboards in Power BI, and to showcase the potential of Power BI and need for Data Visualization & Power BI + Data modelling + DAX queries from various sources
The Senior Business Intelligence Analyst Programmer/Developer will be responsible for the design and development of business intelligence and ETL solutions utilising the Microsoft BI Technologies. The Senior Business Intelligence Analyst Programmer will work closely with business users, IT teams, system owners and administrators. Core deliverable will be interactive dashboards and reports in Power BI that are easy to interpret and inform.
- Design and develop ETL, data transformation and data management processes using SSIS.
- Design and develop SSAS cubes where needed
- Design and develop Power BI reports on both data warehouse and cubes ( where needed)
- Design and develop Power BI interactive dashboards and reports
- Data modelling using Kimball data modelling principles
- Design and build application to application integration and data migration solutions
- Work with the business to gather and analyse business and technical requirements
- Coordinate and manage quality assurance processes including unit testing and support for SIT/UAT
- Technical and support documentation (including technical speciation, support manual, change management, release management)
- Full life cycle solution delivery, from conception, prototyping all the way through to go live and making arrangements for ongoing support
- Work seamlessly with the Global Business Intelligence team
- Be an ambassador for business intelligence and good data management
Skills & Experience
To successfully deliver this project you will need:
- Experience of Demonstrated experience in Power BI
- Demonstrated experience in Master Data Services
- Demonstrated experience in Kimball dimensional modelling
- Demonstrated experience in data analysis, data modelling, data integration, data warehousing and database design
- Demonstrated experience in building data warehousing and business intelligence analytic solutions
- Demonstrated ability to work independently as well as in a team
- Demonstrated experience in delivering quality solutions, especially detailed eye for data quality.
- Demonstrated experience in developing technical and support documentation (including technical specification, support manual, change management, release management)
- Demonstrated ability to converse at ease with people at all levels of business and explain technology in business terms.
- Demonstrated excellent ability in analytical and problem solving skills
- Demonstrated experience working in an Agile development environment
- Demonstrated ability in building dashboard
Microsoft stack data warehouse and Analytics. SQL Server, Power BI
Nice to have skills
- Demonstrated experience in using SSRs ,SSAS
- Demonstrated experience in Data Quality Services
- Demonstrated experience in building application to application integration and data migration solutions
- Demonstrated experience in MS Self-Service BI toolsets including Excel using PowerPivot, etc where needed.
Professional office. Large multinational law firm
Viiew Consultants deliver with speed and agility, adapting to new projects and teams with ease. We meet deadlines, and we act with accountability. We are committed to the needs of our clients, and to professional excellence in all we do.
We reward our Consultants for their skills and alignment to our values with:
- Exposure to industry leading technology, projects and expertise
- Support of specialist colleagues across Australia and the globe as part of the Dimension Data group.
- No payroll administration fees.
- Entitlements to discounted training and certifications via Dimension Data Learning Solutions (DDLS).