Viiew provides tiered workplace-as-a-service solutions, delivering a broad range of capability and services in ICT. Viiew's tailored solutions enable organisations to achieve business outcomes, while managing their risk as they consume technology and ICT services.
As a wholly owned subsidiary of Dimension Data, a global IT services and solutions provider, who are in turn owned by Nippon Telegraph & Telephone (NTT) – the world’s largest ICT provider of telecoms and services - you are joining an organisation with unparalleled IT industry positioning allowing for exceptional growth opportunities.
About the Role
We are seeking a DevOps Consultant to augment our Telco client’s project delivering New Applications and re-building applications in Java. Based on our client’s site in North Sydney you’ll be reporting to the DevOps Platform Manager working in the Digital Technology Team. The business is moving away from Ruby on Rails, re-building new and old applications in Java. This will be a 6 month rolling contract.
- Deliver and contribute to Java/ruby based development codebase in an Agile Delivery environment.
- Responsible for documentation, development and coding standards and quality of the implemented software systems.
- Analysis, definition, and documentation of requirements for data, workflow, logical processes, and interfaces with internal and external systems.
- Identify and promote the definition and reuse of common business processes and practices
Skills & Experience
To successfully deliver this project:
- Experience working as a backend developer with knowledge of at least two programming languages.
- Expert knowledge of AWS, especially IAM, CFN, EC2, ELB, DynamoDB, S3, RDS
- Expert knowledge of Java or Ruby
- Experience with automation tools such as Chef, Puppet or Ansible.
- Define and maintain strategic roadmaps for the platforms / services within your domain which support both technology and business strategy.
Viiew Consultants deliver with speed and agility, adapting to new projects and teams with ease. We meet deadlines, and we act with accountability. We are committed to the needs of our clients, and to professional excellence in all we do.
We reward our Consultants for their skills and alignment to our values with:
- Exposure to industry leading technology, projects and expertise
- Support of specialist colleagues across Australia and the globe as part of the Dimension Data group.
- No payroll administration fees.
- Entitlements to discounted training and certifications via Dimension Data Learning Solutions (DDLS).