Oakton is one of Australia’s leading Digital Consulting, Business and Technology Services companies, with over 1,000 employees and offices Australia wide and in Hyderabad India.
We are a full service digital advisory incorporating consulting services, data analytics, and business applications. We have the ability to provide holistic, end-to-end technology solutions as a wholly owned subsidiary of Dimension Data.
Dimension Data operates in 58 countries and is part of the NTT Group, the world’s 3rd largest telecommunications company.
About the Opportunity
This resource will work across a variety of projects to deliver high quality business intelligence and data analytics solutions. The responsibilities will vary from project to project but the duties and focus of the role would be to:
- Collaborate with Solution Architects, Product Managers/Product Owners, and Designers to deliver high quality business intelligence and data analytics solutions.
- Undertake requirements elicitation, scoping, proof of concept and solution presentation activities.
- Perform analysis, development, and testing activities to deliver enterprise reporting, business intelligence, and data analytics solutions across a wide range of business functional areas.
- Build Reports, Visualisations and Dashboards using Microsoft’s BI tools and reporting services or visualisation tools such as Tableau or Qlikview.
- Maintain full documentation for BI solutions and related services together with associated communications documents.
To be successful for this position you will have the following qualities and experience:
- SQL BI stack (SSIS, SSRS, SSAS)
- SQL Server 2012/2014/2016 along with advanced SQL Server stored procedures
- Experience with MDX and DAX calculations
- Data Modelling experience
- Power BI Dashboards
- Experience in an Agile environment
- Microsoft Certifications
- Pre Sales Experience
- Experience designing both Microsoft on-premise and Azure solution architectures
- Familiar with a range of Azure services including Stream Analytics, IoT Hub, Logic Apps, Event Hub & Azure Data Lake
- Experience in Tableau or Qlikview
At Oakton, we believe that how you think about the problem is more important than the problem itself.
Our employees are driven to think in new ways and contribute to innovative solutions for our clients.
We see things others don't.
In return for your skills and your commitment to our values, you will be rewarded with:
- Industry leading benefits including Income Protection & Crisis Insurance
- Excellent opportunities for growth and development
- Unparalleled IT industry positioning
- A talented, supportive and focused team