Do you believe you can do anything? Then we’re here to help you do it.
If you have a desire to succeed and drive your own career, Dimension Data offers you the opportunity to make that happen.
The position reports to the Automation Practice Manager and works closely with the Managed, Consulting and Professional Services, OCIO business.
This role will be leading the entire Development & Automation Engineering practice to help drive a higher maturity in the team.
The successful candidate will need to be a trusted authority with the right qualification and demonstrated skills where they have managed the maturity of S/W Developers in the past.
You will have experience in participating in the Architecture (Solution and Software) and be responsible for the successful delivery of the solution after having a say in it.
- Collaborate, coach and develop a team of high performing engineers to ensure the teams achieves the agreed deliverable;
- Understand and implement the overall Dimension Data automation platform architecture, including but not necessarily limited to GSOA and its various services like EMR, EIS, TAS and ITSI;
- Identify possible automation candidates by working with services architects, solution architects and client teams; for Dimension Data internal teams and our clients;
- Design and implement highly automated infrastructure, applications and operations solutions from business and product requirements for Dimension Data internal teams and our clients;
- Design and develop-automation solutions using workflow based and other open source & proprietary automation platforms for Dimension Data internal teams and our clients
To succeed in this role, you’ll need:
- Previously lead a team of Developers and Engineers
- Strong experience as a Senior engineer with strong technical and customer facing skills and;
- Extensive experience in designing, implementing and operationalizing large scale transformation and business improvement capabilities;
- Extensive experience in collaborating, coaching and developing high performing and outcome focused engineers to ensure achievement of the teams and business goals;
- Extensive experience working in an Agile framework including applications and infrastructure with automation tools.
Your skills should include at least some of the items below:
- C# 6 / .net 4.x
- .NET Core / Standard
- ASP.NET Core / ASP .Net Web API
- RESTful API development
We look for people with a client centric, consultative approach. You’re committed to excellence and ongoing development, and want to leverage the fantastic training opportunities that we offer. We want team players. We care about our clients, our colleagues, and the environment and we want you to do the same.
In return for your skills and your commitment to our values, you will be rewarded with a responsive and balanced workplace, unparalleled IT industry positioning, industry leading benefits, an excellent salary and bonus structure along with a talented and focused team.
Join our growing global team and accelerate your career with Dimension Data. Apply today!
Diversity in Dimension Data
Dimension Data is an equal opportunity employer with a global culture that embraces diversity. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be unfairly discriminated against on any arbitrary ground including race, colour, sex, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, gender identity, sexual orientation, or other protected category.