Oakton is one of Australia’s leading Digital Consulting, Business and Technology Services companies, with over 1,000 employees and offices Australia wide and in Hyderabad India. We are a full service digital advisory incorporating consulting services, data analytics, and business applications.
We have the ability to provide holistic, end-to-end technology solutions as a wholly owned subsidiary of Dimension Data. Dimension Data operates in 58 countries and is part of the NTT Group, the world’s 3rd largest telecommunications company.
About the Role
Join our growing Digital practice where you will deliver innovative technical solutions across government, private sector and enterprise, to radically improve digital information services. You will leverage your industry experience, insight and instincts to contribute to Oakton’s unique value proposition that has driven our success in Australia for 30 years. Our business is collaborating with clients to create technology solutions to give them a distinct advantage in today’s rapidly changing world and allow them to engage with their customers in a more rewarding way.
We currently have an opening for a talented and well-rounded Senior UX Consultant. In this role, you can expect to work closely with clients, developers and business analysts to research, design and implement engaging and thoughtful experiences.
As an experienced UX Consultant, you will lead and conduct user research, both qualitative and quantitative to drive real product outcomes, and facilitate design thinking workshops. You will synthesise insights into actionable outcomes and design strategy while delivering high quality UX artefacts including user flows, personas, reports, site maps and storyboards. Working closely with the development teams and stakeholders, you will provide design advice, guidance and feedback for implementing solutions
Skills & Experience
To be successful in this role, you will have:
- Demonstrated experience applying user experience principles and practices including design thinking methodology, heuristics, requirements gathering and information architecture
- Solid understanding of information architecture, web usability, and accessibility standards and principles
- Strong experience designing for software, web and mobile and skills in visual design software programs, such as Sketch, Invision, Creative Cloud
- The ability to help facilitate stakeholder workshops, research and testing to create meaningful outcomes for projects
- An excellent problem solver with experience working on large and complex digital projects
At Oakton, we believe that how you think about the problem is more important than the problem itself.
Our employees are driven to think in new ways and contribute to innovative solutions for our clients. We see things others don't.
In return for your skills and your commitment to our values, you will be rewarded with:
- Industry leading benefits including Income Protection & Crisis Insurance
- Competitive salary structure
- Unparalleled IT industry positioning
- A talented and focused team
Join our team and we’ll give you the chance to work with some of the best and brightest on industry leading projects. You’ll have the opportunity to work on diverse projects and be supported in your career development.