Do you believe you can do anything? Then we’re here to help you do it.
If you have a desire to succeed and drive your own career, Dimension Data offers you the opportunity to make that happen.
We’re positioned to lead the change in the biggest transformation that the IT industry has seen in decades — and we need your talent, skill, and ambitious ideas. As a Global Top Employer to over 31,000 great people in more than 57 countries, you’ll be working with talented teams across the world. You’ll be doing great things for our clients and helping them achieve their business ambitions.
We are currently seeking a skilled Senior Linux Engineer to join our successfully technical Brisbane team. This position is responsible for providing a managed service to clients to ensure that their IT infrastructure and systems remain operational through proactively monitoring, identifying, investigating and resolving technical incidents and problems, and to restore service to clients by managing incidents to resolution.
As member of the managed services team, your responsibilities include:
- Installation and configuration of Linux servers in production, QA and development environments
- Configuration of hardware and software, maintaining appropriate maintenance levels and tuning.
- Producing documentation for use in configuration, repair and troubleshooting of hardware, software and network operating systems
- Be the last point of escalation for any issues related to Linux OS and work with vendor for closure.
- Responding to outages both during normal business hours and in an after-hours, on-call capacity
To be successful in this role, you will have:
- Experience with hardware and software troubleshooting, service contract management and issue resolution
- Strong understanding of Linux OS administration and its command line tools
- Strong skills on - Linux, TCP/IP, Apache, basic network trouble shooting, Kernel Tuning, NFS, LDAP, Satellite
- Knowledge/ experience working with configuration management tools, such as Puppet
- Strong knowledge of Virtualisation (VMware), Storage (SAN/NAS, RAID), Networking and Backup concepts
- Red Hat certified on versions 5,6 or 7 with experience in Satellite, would be highly regarded
We look for people with a client centric, consultative approach. You’re committed to excellence and ongoing development, and want to leverage the fantastic training opportunities that we offer. We want team players. We care about our clients, our colleagues, and the environment and we want you to do the same.
In return for your skills and your commitment to our values, you will be rewarded with a responsive and balanced workplace, unparalleled IT industry positioning, industry leading benefits, an excellent salary and bonus structure along with a talented and focused team.
Join our growing global team and accelerate your career with Dimension Data. Apply today!
Diversity in Dimension Data
Dimension Data is an equal opportunity employer with a global culture that embraces diversity. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be unfairly discriminated against on any arbitrary ground including race, colour, sex, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, gender identity, sexual orientation, or other protected category.