Do you believe you can do anything? Then we’re here to help you do it.
If you have a desire to succeed and drive your own career, Dimension Data offers you the opportunity to make that happen.
We’re positioned to lead the change in the biggest transformation that the IT industry has seen in decades — and we need your talent, skill, and ambitious ideas. As a Global Top Employer to over 31,000 great people in more than 57 countries, you’ll be working with talented teams across the world. You’ll be doing great things for our clients and helping them achieve their business ambitions.
We are currently looking for a Platform Service Architect to join our Global team and focus on integrating the management platform of our client onto our Global Managed Services Platform Architecture.
Your key responsibility areas will cover:
- Requirement Definition and Management – you’ll not only scope and prioritise change initiatives, but will also discover and analyse requirements to assess fitness for purpose, manage requests for change, and more
- Solution Architecture – you’ll use DevOps tools to contribute to the development of systems architectures; produce detailed component specifications and translate into detailed designs; assist in the preparation of technical plans, team with other business sections to ensure that appropriate technical resources are made available; and provide advice on technical aspects of system development and integration to ensure that relevant technical strategies, policies, standards and practices (including security) are applied correctly.
- Systems Integration – you’ll define the integration build, accept software modules from software developers, and produces software builds for loading onto the target environment. You’ll also configure the hardware environment, produce integration test specifications, and conduct testing
- Integration Architecture – you’ll create solutions that define the required service integration of client’s operations to Dimension Data Platforms.
- Service Analysis – you’ll Investigate operational requirements, problems, and opportunities, seeking effective service integration solutions. You’ll also assist in the analysis of stakeholder objectives, and work iteratively with stakeholders, to identify potential benefits and available options for consideration, and in defining acceptance tests.
- Portfolio and Value Mapping – including determining the data needed, and defining the process of how data is acquired, validated, stored, protected and processed.
- Define Operational Processes - Identify inefficiencies in service operations, and then define processes to limit or eliminate the identified issues
- Service Process Improvement
- Technical Specialism
- Expertise and support on the use of methods and tools.
- Understanding Client Needs
To successfully take on this Platform Service Architect role, your technical background and experience will include:
- TOGAF / Zachman or ITIL certification
- Deep understanding of Integration, Platform architecture and a Broad technologist across Enterprise Systems and Applications architecture in environments encompassing at least 5 of the below:
- Java EE, Spring or C#
- IAM, SSO, Federation, OAuth, SAML, LDAP
- ServiceNow, Siebel, Remeber, SAP
- JSON, XML, SOAP, REST, RESTful API's
- DevOps practices and principles, CI/CD, Infrastructure as code and configuration management
- Well versed with distributed systems/architecture, web infrastructure, network architecture and distribution transaction processing and scalability principles
- Micro Service Architecture
Other Areas of interest include:
- Knowledge of Operations management tools such as IPsoft, Nimsoft, EMC SMARTS, IR Prognosis, SCOM, Argent etc.
- Bash, Ruby, Python, Powershell
- Terraform, Ansible, Chef, Jenkins, vRealize
- SAFe, Scrum / Agile
We look for people with a client centric, consultative approach. You’re committed to excellence and ongoing development, and want to leverage the fantastic training opportunities that we offer. We want team players. We care about our clients, our colleagues, and the environment and we want you to do the same.
In return for your skills and your commitment to our values, you will be rewarded with a responsive and balanced workplace, unparalleled IT industry positioning, industry leading benefits, an excellent salary and bonus structure along with a talented and focused team.
Join our growing global team and accelerate your career with Dimension Data. Apply today!
Diversity in Dimension Data
Dimension Data is an equal opportunity employer with a global culture that embraces diversity. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be unfairly discriminated against on any arbitrary ground including race, colour, sex, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, gender identity, sexual orientation, or other protected category.