Do you believe you can do anything? Then we’re here to help you do it.
If you have a desire to succeed and drive your own career, Dimension Data offers you the opportunity to make that happen.
We’re positioned to lead the change in the biggest transformation that the IT industry has seen in decades — and we need your talent, skill, and ambitious ideas. As a Global Top Employer to over 31,000 great people in more than 57 countries, you’ll be working with talented teams across the world. You’ll be doing great things for our clients and helping them achieve their business ambitions.
We are currently looking for a Platform Service Architect to join our Global team and focus on integrating the management platform of our client onto our Global Managed Services Platform Architecture. This position will require you to understand the services portfolio and toolset and define the client integration requirements to support client requirements in accordance with the Dimension Data Reference Architectures.
Typical Responsibilities may include:
Requirement Definition and Management
- Facilitate scoping and service portfolio priority-setting for change initiatives of medium size and complexity.
- Contribute to selection of the most appropriate means of representing services requirements in the context of a specific change initiative, ensuring traceability back to source.
- Discover and analyse requirements for fitness for purpose as well as adherence to services objectives and consistency, challenging positively as appropriate.
- Manage requests for and the application of changes to baselined requirements.
- Identify the impact on service requirements of interim (e.g. migration) scenarios as well as the required end position.
- Use appropriate DevOps tools, including logical models of components and interfaces, to contribute to the development of systems architectures in specific business or functional areas.
- Produce detailed component specifications and translates these into detailed designs for implementation using selected products.
- Assist in the preparation of technical plans and cooperates with business assurance and project staff to ensure that appropriate technical resources are made available.
- Provide advice on technical aspects of system development and integration (including requests for changes, deviations from specifications, etc.) and ensures that relevant technical strategies, policies, standards and practices (including security) are applied correctly.
- Define the integration build, accepts software modules from software developers, and produces software builds for loading onto the target environment.
- Configure the hardware environment, produces integration test specifications, and conducts tests, recording details of any failures and carrying out
- Investigate operational requirements, problems, and opportunities, seeking effective service integration solution.
- Assist in the analysis of stakeholder objectives, and the underlying issues arising from investigations into business requirements and problems, and identifies options for consideration.
- Work iteratively with stakeholders, to identify potential benefits and available options for consideration, and in defining acceptance tests.
Service Process Improvement
- Analyse processes; identify alternative solutions, assess feasibility, and recommend new approaches.
- Contribute to evaluating the factors which must be addressed in the change programme.
- Help establish requirements for the implementation of changes in the process.
- Maintain knowledge of specific specialisms, provide detailed advice regarding their application and execute specialised tasks. The specialism can be any area of DevOps, information or communication technology, technique, method, product or application area.
Methods and Tools
- Provide expertise and support on use of methods and tools.
Understand Client Needs
- Work with client teams to determine service requirements and define solutions from our service catalogue to address services, process, information and system problems, improvements or change. These individuals identify the current and future state service processes and help the stakeholders envision the future. They help determine the needs of these stakeholders.
- Create solutions that define the required service integration of client’s operations service management processes and toolset to Dimension Data Platforms.
Define Operational Processes
- Identify inefficiencies in service operations, and then defines processes to limit or eliminate the identified issues
Portfolio and Value Mapping
- Perform portfolio and value mapping ensuring the translation of field data values based on business rules
- Ensure mapping is stored in the relevant database.
- Determine what data the organisation needs
- Define the process on how data is acquired, validated, stored, protected and processed.
Key Selection Criteria
- TOGAF / Zachman or ITIL highly desired
- Deep understanding of Integration, Platform architecture and a Broad technologist across Enterprise Systems and Applications architecture
- Well versed with distributed systems / architecture, web infrastructure, network architecture and distribution transaction processing and scalability principles
- Micro Service Architecture
- Java EE, Spring or C#
- IAM, SSO, Federation, OAuth, SAML, LDAP
- ServiceNow, Siebel, Remeber, SAP
- JSON, XML, SOAP, REST, RESTful API's
- Well versed with Devops practices and principles, CI/CD, Infrastructure as code and configuration management
Other Areas Highly Desired
- Knowledge of Operations management tools such as IPsoft, Nimsoft, EMC SMARTS, IR Prognosis, SCOM, Argent etc
- Bash, Ruby, Python, Powershell
- Terraform, Ansible, Chef, Jenkins, vRealize
- SAFe, Scrum / Agile
We look for people with a client centric, consultative approach. You’re committed to excellence and ongoing development, and want to leverage the fantastic training opportunities that we offer. We want team players. We care about our clients, our colleagues, and the environment and we want you to do the same.
In return for your skills and your commitment to our values, you will be rewarded with a responsive and balanced workplace, unparalleled IT industry positioning, industry leading benefits, an excellent salary and bonus structure along with a talented and focused team.
Join our growing global team and accelerate your career with Dimension Data. Apply today!
Diversity in Dimension Data
Dimension Data is an equal opportunity employer with a global culture that embraces diversity. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be unfairly discriminated against on any arbitrary ground including race, colour, sex, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, gender identity, sexual orientation, or other protected category.