Do you believe you can do anything? Then we’re here to help you do it.
If you have a desire to succeed and drive your own career, Dimension Data offers you the opportunity to make that happen.
We’re positioned to lead the change in the biggest transformation that the IT industry has seen in decades — and we need your talent, skill, and ambitious ideas. As a Global Top Employer to over 31,000 great people in more than 57 countries, you’ll be working with talented teams across the world. You’ll be doing great things for our clients and helping them achieve their business ambitions.
We are currently looking for a SQL Server Consultant to join our End User Computing team within our Professional Services business in the ACT. This role will see you design, implement and support our clients SQL Server environments as well as provide consulting services and support pre-sales activities.
This will include:
- Consult on the design and implementation of high availability solutions for SQL Server environments, including conducting Health checks and Strategic Reviews
- Implement and support SQL server across our clients sites
- Troubleshoot and remediate complex SQL server issues and act as an escalation point for engineers and DBAs
- Support pre-sales activities from a technical perspective through identifying opportunities and contributing technical guidance around the design and configuration requirements for RFPs/RFIs and proposals
- Provide training and knowledge transfer to our clients
We are looking for someone with:
- Strong technical experience and understanding of SQL Server
- Experience in MS SQL design and architecture
- Strong communication skills (verbal and written) with the ability to produce detailed technical artefacts
- Scripting and programming skills (Powershell, T-SQL)
- Microsoft SQL certifications will be highly regarded
Due to the nature of our client's environments, a NV1 clearance or above is required
We look for people with a client centric, consultative approach. You’re committed to excellence and ongoing development, and want to leverage the fantastic training opportunities that we offer. We want team players. We care about our clients, our colleagues, and the environment and we want you to do the same.
In return for your skills and your commitment to our values, you will be rewarded with a responsive and balanced workplace, unparalleled IT industry positioning, industry leading benefits, an excellent salary and bonus structure along with a talented and focused team.
Join our growing global team and accelerate your career with Dimension Data. Apply today!
Diversity in Dimension Data
Dimension Data is an equal opportunity employer with a global culture that embraces diversity. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be unfairly discriminated against on any arbitrary ground including race, colour, sex, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, gender identity, sexual orientation, or other protected category.