Viiew provides tiered workplace-as-a-service solutions, delivering a broad range of capability and services in ICT. Viiew's tailored solutions enable organisations to achieve business outcomes, while managing their risk as they consume technology and ICT services.
As a wholly owned subsidiary of Dimension Data, a global IT services and solutions provider, who are in turn owned by Nippon Telegraph & Telephone (NTT) – the world’s largest ICT provider of telecoms and services - you are joining an organisation with unparalleled IT industry positioning allowing for exceptional growth opportunities.
About the Role
We are seeking a Wintel Engineer to augment our Government client’s project. Based on our client’s site in Melbourne CBD. Here you’ll be accountable for concept development, design, installation, configuration, security, and operational support of ICT infrastructure. Please note this will be a 2x 6-month extension options each in duration.
Required to work in a team-based environment and will take a significant technical role as part of a team in support of major ICT projects, in the context of Microsoft technologies.
This will include;
Concept development, design, installation, configuration, security, and operational support of ICT infrastructure. Technical work tasks are defined as work packages within a project framework to be delivered to specified deadlines under limited direction.
- Demonstrate and apply extensive expertise and experience in modern server technologies:
- Windows Server technologies (such as Active Directory and ADFS, Exchange, DNS server, DHCP server, Group Policy, SQL Server)
- Cloud technologies (such as Azure, Operations Management Suite, Office 365, Exchange Online)
- Virtualisation technology (such as VMWare, Hyper-V) and integration at hardware layer
Skills & Experience
To successfully deliver this project you will need:
- Security technologies; and ideally - Exposure to Linux operating systems, especially RedHat.
- Knowledge of VMware vSphere and underlying virtualisation technology (such as hardware for hosts, network and storage).
- Demonstrate strong, self-sufficient investigative skills, problem resolution, implementation and support of these technologies in a complex environment.
- Ability to deliver in a matrix organisation, using a disciplined approach ICT Delivery Model and Service Management disciplines in the management and transition of software and hardware.
- Baseline security clearance or commitment to obtain one
- Experience to help them evaluate sellers’ technical competence.
- Awareness of applicable federal government ICT regulations and controls
- Linux experience will be desirable
Viiew Consultants deliver with speed and agility, adapting to new projects and teams with ease. We meet deadlines, and we act with accountability. We are committed to the needs of our clients, and to professional excellence in all we do.
We reward our Consultants for their skills and alignment to our values with:
- Exposure to industry leading technology, projects and expertise
- Support of specialist colleagues across Australia and the globe as part of the Dimension Data group.
- No payroll administration fees.
- Entitlements to discounted training and certifications via Dimension Data Learning Solutions (DDLS).
- Participation and support in interactions with specialists and managers in requirements gathering, concept development, reporting, and demonstration or presentations. An ability to communicate technical information with influence to a broad audience is valuable.