Oakton is one of Australia’s leading Digital Consulting, Business and Technology Services companies, with over 1,000 employees and offices Australia wide and in Hyderabad India.
We are a full service digital advisory incorporating consulting services, data analytics, and business applications. We have the ability to provide holistic, end-to-end technology solutions as a wholly owned subsidiary of Dimension Data.
Dimension Data operates in 58 countries and is part of the NTT Group, the world’s 3rd largest telecommunications company.
About the Role
As a UX Designer at Oakton, you will be working with our clients and their users to design digital applications based on evidence and insights gathered from human centred design methodologies. You will be involved in the production of UX artefacts across various phases of the design process, and be responsible for the finished visual designs.
You will be actively involved in producing visual assets and prototypes, and identifying opportunities that will surprise and delight customers and prospects. You will be required to undertake workshops with clients to gather information, and assist in the preparation of design research.
You will also work closely with multidisciplinary teams who will rely on your skills to produce assigned UX deliverable in a timely manner that align with the Oakton standard of quality and excellence.
What would make you a good fit for this role?
- Expertise in core visual design skills and design principles
- Expertise in creating wireframes and translating them into high fidelity visual designs
- Experience in developing prototypes
- Experience in applying existing client branding
- Ability to engage client stakeholders and uncover key design requirements
- Experience in undertaking and applying human centred design methodologies
- Undergraduate degree in Design (Visual Communication), Human-Computer Interaction (HCI) or related field (or equivalent practical experience)
- Experience working within a digital product development team
- Fluency with tools such as Photoshop, Illustrator, Sketch, InVision, Axure etc.
- Outstanding verbal and written communication skills
- Operates effectively in a fast-paced and dynamic environment
- Collaborates well in a team with varying personality types
- Self-starter mentality with excellent time management capabilities
- Strong attention to detail
Additional Preferred Qualifications
- Experience working in an agile environment
- Experience with developing digital applications and websites
- Prior experience building and managing style guides and pattern libraries
At Oakton, we believe that how you think about the problem is more important than the problem itself.
Our employees are driven to think in new ways and contribute to innovative solutions for our clients.
We see things others don't.
In return for your skills and your commitment to our values, you will be rewarded with:
- Industry leading benefits including Income Protection & Crisis Insurance
- Competitive salary structure
- Unparalleled IT industry positioning
- A talented and focused team.