- Working knowledge of Splunk / Splunk Enterprise Security
- Advising on security issues, including legislation and adoption of new security
- Managing implementation of security and control techniques and technologies
Security | SOC | Palo Alto | Splunk | Disaster recovery | 3 Months Initial Contract with view of extension | North Sydney
Do you believe you can do anything? Then we’re here to help you do it.
If you have a desire to succeed and drive your own career, Dimension Data offers you the opportunity to make that happen.
We’re positioned to lead the change in the biggest transformation that the IT industry has seen in decades — and we need your talent, skill, and ambitious ideas. As a Global Top Employer to over 31,000 great people in more than 57 countries, you’ll be working with talented teams across the world. You’ll be doing great things for our clients and helping them achieve their business ambitions.
We are seeking a Security Engineer to augment our financial services client project, supporting both corporate and product environments. Joining us on an initial 6 month contract based in North Sydney, you will be working directly with the inventors of our world leading security products to be proactive, going beyond just logs to getting in front of trends in security response. Join the group at the beginning as we build out a next generation SOC Team applying our security technology for network, mobile, cloud and endpoint.
Reporting to the Security Operations Centre and Infrastructure Manager, you will:
- Provide escalated (3rd level) technical support, troubleshooting and fault rectification of high level technical issues related to networking, firewall and NLB equipment and services
- Design and development of core technology architecture to support the business environment in all areas of Security
- Implement and test a standard, stable and robust Disaster Recovery Solution
- Maintaining technical documentation, reports and records regarding security solutions
- Developing, maintaining, enforcing and promoting awareness of security policies, procedures and standards.
- Identifying security requirements for new applications and other software products
- Advising on security issues, including legislation and adoption of new security technologies.
- Managing implementation of security and control techniques and technologies.
We are looking for someone with:
- Experience with security incident management and network monitoring
- General Information Security experience, CISSP preferred.
- Strong communication skills and experience working in the enterprise.
- Strong familiarity with security technologies in general, both at the host and network level.
- Knowledge of Palo Alto Networks products.
- Working knowledge of Splunk / Splunk Enterprise Security.
- Scripting experience and experience developing or integrating of security tools using APIs.
- Experience with Forensic Analysis (EnCase or similar) is a plus
We look for people with a client centric, consultative approach. We want team players. We care about our clients, our colleagues, and the environment and we want you to do the same.
In return for your skills and your commitment to our values, you will be exposed to industry leading technology, projects and expertise. You’ll have the support of specialist colleagues across Australia and the globe. And unique in the contracting market, you’ll be charged no payroll administration fees, and have access to discounted training and certifications via Dimension Data Learning Solutions.
Join our growing global team and accelerate your career with Dimension Data. Apply today!
Diversity in Dimension Data
Dimension Data is an equal opportunity employer with a global culture that embraces diversity. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be unfairly discriminated against on any arbitrary ground including race, colour, sex, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, gender identity, sexual orientation, or other protected category.