Do you believe you can do anything? Then we’re here to help you do it.
If you have a desire to succeed and drive your own career, Dimension Data offers you the opportunity to make that happen.
We’re positioned to lead the change in the biggest transformation that the IT industry has seen in decades — and we need your talent, skill, and ambitious ideas. As a Global Top Employer to over 31,000 great people in more than 57 countries, you’ll be working with talented teams across the world. You’ll be doing great things for our clients and helping them achieve their business ambitions.
We are seeking a Senior Linux Engineer to augment our Government client’s project. Joining us on an initial 12 contract and based in Melbourne City.
This will include:
- The person will be required to work in an individual capacity and will take the lead technical role to finish off the Linux SOE. This will require responsibility for project concept development, design, installation, configuration, security, and operational rollout. Technical work tasks are defined as work packages within a project framework to be delivered to specified deadlines under limited direction.
- On occasion, you will be required to work closely with other senior staff. This may include participation and support in interactions with senior managers and executives in requirements gathering, concept development, reporting, and demonstration or presentations.
- An ability to communicate technical information with influence to a senior audience is valuable. There is also a requirement to collaborate with various specialist and user groups within Head Office and the Regional Offices.
To successfully deliver this project you will need:
- Demonstrate and apply expertise and experience in building a modern Linux SOE (Standard Operating Environment); specifically: Fedora and/or RHEL7 base and ecosphere (e.g. Satellite), Kickstart (via Anaconda), Disk encryption (via LUKS), Enforcing configuration via Automation – using Puppet and potentially Ansible, Automated patching via Spacewalk or Red Hat Satellite
- Practical experience in Linux hardening, following ASD (Australian Signals Directorate) recommendations.
- Linux based shell scripting and automation (for example, using Bash, Python, Perl, Puppet or Ansible);
- Experience and knowledge required to build and use a PXE-boot server to deploy the initial SOE.
We look for people with a client centric, consultative approach. We want team players. We care about our clients, our colleagues, and the environment and we want you to do the same.
In return for your skills and your commitment to our values, you will be exposed to industry leading technology, projects and expertise. You’ll have the support of specialist colleagues across Australia and the globe. And unique in the contracting market, you’ll be charged no payroll administration fees, and have access to discounted training and certifications via Dimension Data Learning Solutions.
Join our growing global team and accelerate your career with Dimension Data. Apply today!
Diversity in Dimension Data
Dimension Data is an equal opportunity employer with a global culture that embraces diversity. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be unfairly discriminated against on any arbitrary ground including race, colour, sex, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, gender identity, sexual orientation, or other protected category.