Oakton is one of Australia’s leading Digital Consulting, Business and Technology Services companies, with over 1,000 employees and offices Australia wide and in Hyderabad India.
We are a full service digital advisory incorporating consulting services, data analytics, and business applications. We have the ability to provide holistic, end-to-end technology solutions as a wholly owned subsidiary of Dimension Data.
Dimension Data operates in 58 countries and is part of the NTT Group, the world’s 3rd largest telecommunications company.
About the Role
The Service Application Architect in Oakton is an information technology professional who takes accountability for the service design, development and implementation of complex applications services for Oakton clients; in addition designs the platform solutions that Oakton is taking to market on Dimension Data Cloud or other cloud vendors. The Service Architect is the foremost subject matter expert focused on service design, service operations, DevOps, application hosting and security consideration to maximize reuse based on the business processes and governance rules for sharing.
They work closely with sales and clients to develop either the Oakton Platform Go To Market solutions or very complex application managed services and are the single point of responsibility for state based platform offerings as required. This includes the functionality and are required to work on and close out multiple application bids simultaneously and may be asked to provided delivery governance on existing engagements. They help determine how Oakton, Dimension Data, NTT Group and partner technologies can be applied to meet client and business requirements by building the relevant proposals and service solution architectures.
- Service Design, development and operationalisation of complex applications services for clients.
- Ensure that the service design of applications and related integrations align with the growth strategy of the client’s business.
- Provide strategic guidelines to the applications support teams by understanding all the applications.
- Ensures that throughout the operational phase the process is documented leading to the development of procedures for application use and security; in-line with the contractual obligations.
- Direct the operationalisation of the application service by ensuring the evaluation, testing and modification of the application until its operational performance metrics meets business and client goals.
- Understand the service process flow of the primary business processes to create a functionality map and the application service footprint of various applications services used to deliver the service.
- Create a service solutions architecture template for all the core applications services to ensure that the delivered service has a common starting ground for service design.
Skills & Experience
- At least 8 years' experience in similar role within a large scale (preferably multi- national) technology services environment
- Qualification in Technology and/or Business Management
- Project and/or program management certification
- Operations Management experience, with ITIL Certifications above foundation stage
- Certification in one or more cloud technologies
At Oakton, we believe that how you think about the problem is more important than the problem itself.
Our employees are driven to think in new ways and contribute to innovative solutions for our clients.
We see things others don't.
In return for your skills and your commitment to our values, you will be rewarded with:
- Industry leading benefits including Income Protection & Crisis Insurance
- Competitive salary structure
- Unparalleled IT industry positioning
- A talented and focused team.