Do you believe you can do anything? Then we’re here to help you do it.
If you have a desire to succeed and drive your own career, Dimension Data offers you the opportunity to make that happen.
We’re positioned to lead the change in the biggest transformation that the IT industry has seen in decades — and we need your talent, skill, and ambitious ideas. As a Global Top Employer to over 31,000 great people in more than 57 countries, you’ll be working with talented teams across the world. You’ll be doing great things for our clients and helping them achieve their business ambitions.
Our client requires an experienced Network Administrator for a 3-6 contract within the Health Industry. Fantastic opportunity with competitive daily rates!
About the Role
As a skilled Network Administrator, you will be responsible for planning, supporting, installing and maintaining the client's data communications network and associated equipment.
Primary purpose of the role is to provide assistance in the management of our client's Data Communications Network.
- Troubleshoot network failures and resolve problems to ensure that maximum network up time is maintained.
- Manage, develop and maintain data network security from external sources by fire-walling and authorized VPN services.
- Develop and maintain operational procedures in consultation with management and clients for the network’s maintenance, operation and management.
- Support the IT Services Manager, Server Admin, and Support Team in network related issues
- Liaise with vendors to resolve complex issues, provide user support and technical advice. Also, install, analyse and configure all data communication hardware and software.
Skills & Experience
- Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively with the other Information Technology team members which will require clear communications.
- Cisco Routing & Switching & Wireless Certification and demonstrated experience as a network administrator in a Cisco environment in a medium to large commercial environment.
- Demonstrated experience in configuration/installation of Nexus switches and installation and configuration of Cisco Wireless controllers.
- Demonstrated experience in configuration/installation of Cisco switches including ASR, 6500, VSS, Cisco Workgroup switches, Cisco Prime Infrastructure and Cisco Identity Service Engine
- Excellent planning and organisational skills with the ability to work without constant supervision
We look for people with a client centric, consultative approach. We want team players. We care about our clients, our colleagues, and the environment and we want you to do the same.
In return for your skills and your commitment to our values, you will be exposed to industry leading technology, projects and expertise. You’ll have the support of specialist colleagues across Australia and the globe. And unique in the contracting market, you’ll be charged no payroll administration fees, and have access to discounted training and certifications via Dimension Data Learning Solutions.
Join our growing global team and accelerate your career with Dimension Data. Apply today!
Diversity in Dimension Data
Dimension Data is an equal opportunity employer with a global culture that embraces diversity. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be unfairly discriminated against on any arbitrary ground including race, colour, sex, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, gender identity, sexual orientation, or other protected category.