Viiew provides tiered workplace-as-a-service solutions, delivering a broad range of capability and services in ICT. Viiew's tailored solutions enable organisations to achieve business outcomes, while managing their risk as they consume technology and ICT services.
As a wholly owned subsidiary of Dimension Data, a global IT services and solutions provider, who are in turn owned by Nippon Telegraph & Telephone (NTT) – the world’s largest ICT provider of telecoms and services - you are joining an organisation with unparalleled IT industry positioning allowing for exceptional growth opportunities.
About the Role
We are seeking an Infrastructure Integration Specialist (Consultant Engineering) to augment our Banking industry clients. This will be a 6-month contract. Based on our client’s site in Melbourne. You’ll be The Senior Consultant Engineering enables the on-boarding of application teams to managed infrastructure.
The ideal candidate will bring previous experiences, best practices, and a collaborative attitude to drive increased effectiveness, together with a strong problem determination background supplemented with collaborative, facilitation and negotiation skills is paramount to success.
Be the primary point of contact for projects Infrastructure Consultants and application teams (internal or external) to assist with problem determination when moving to new infrastructure
• Assist application teams with understanding and defining infrastructure requirements
• Resolve infrastructure issues with (firewalls) to enable systems to operate within the approved standards and architecture
• Support IDMs (Integrated Database Management System) with review and approvals of requirements while supporting objectives of pattern re-use and standardisation
• Manage defects through to resolution while producing regular and accurate defect reports and escalate issues with defects, application teams, builds, etc. as required
Skills & Experience
To successfully project you will need:
• Proven track record in technical roles, of delivering infrastructure in a challenging environment with multiple suppliers involved in the solution delivery
• Strong problem-solving skills where multiple parties need to be bought together to reach an agreed outcome
• A continuous improvement mindset that enables delivery to be seen as an enabler to their organisation
• Leadership and communication skills, strong negotiation skills
• A strong technical background in Wintel and Linux platforms and storage and networking technologies
- Expert knowledge of cloud based technologies and delivery methodologies
- Automation and scripting logic skills highly desirable
- Proactively manage risk, meeting all policy and compliance requirements; perform controls; adhere to process and procedures pertinent to role; and escalate events, issues or breaches as they are identified (risk accountability forms part of all roles, as everyone is responsible for managing risk and compliance).
Viiew Consultants deliver with speed and agility, adapting to new projects and teams with ease. We meet deadlines, and we act with accountability. We are committed to the needs of our clients, and to professional excellence in all we do.
We reward our Consultants for their skills and alignment to our values with:
- Exposure to industry leading technology, projects and expertise
- Support of specialist colleagues across Australia and the globe as part of the Dimension Data group.
- No payroll administration fees.
- Entitlements to discounted training and certifications via Dimension Data Learning Solutions (DDLS).