Looking for the next step in your career? Enjoy a challenge? Do you have an ambition for innovation? Want to make a difference?
If you join our growing global team, you’ll be working for an industry leader with offices across five continents, in over 47 countries and more than 28 000 employees. You will work with some of the leading world brands across the Fortune 100 and Fortune 500 companies – who are all relying on Dimension Data to help them use the power of technology to achieve their ambition in this digital era. You’ll be part of a team who’s passionate about making a difference to the way technology shapes how we live and work – whether it’s protecting the rhino, connecting the G20 Summit, or revolutionising cycling, giving you the opportunity to do great things.
You’ll be joining a Global Top Employer, recognised for investing in talent because people are at the heart of our success. You provide the skills, passion and ideas, and we’ll provide the platform to realise your ambitions. Great talent. Great teams. Great work. Great opportunities.
Want to be part of our team?
We are currently looking for Senior Data Centre Engineers to join our Perth Professional Services team. These are initial 12-month contracts as we work on a data centre refresh project for one of our key clients. The project will involve infrastructure refresh across 9 DC sites.
Your responsibilities in this role will include:
- Create and develop low-level designs around key technologies aligned to the project
- Create detailed migration, decommissioning, testing and implementation plans
- Manage and execute capacity increases to the data centres in various sites across AU and the US
- Perform analysis on the data centre environment and work with the engineering team on key maintenance and optimisation activities
- Act as the SME for your product expertise area (VxBlock, VBlock, VxRail, Isilon or Data Domain) for the program
To succeed in this role, we are looking for:
- Strong experience in Datacentre design and implementation
- Deep product and engineering knowledge in at least one of: VxBlock, VBlock, VxRail, Isilon, Data Domain
- Solid experience in the design and implementation of VMware solutions
- Strong documentation and review skills covering IT infrastructure at high-level and low-level designs
- Excellent communication skills and flexibility to travel to different datacentre sites around Australia, when required
As well as Australian working rights, and the ability to commence in August or September.
We look for people with a client-centric, consultative approach. You’re committed to excellence and ongoing development, and want to leverage the fantastic training opportunities that we offer. We want team players. We care about our clients, our colleagues, and the environment and we want you to do the same.
In return for your skills and your commitment to our values, you will be rewarded with:
- a responsive and balanced workplace
- unparalleled IT industry positioning
- industry leading benefits
- an excellent salary and bonus structure
- a talented and focused team
Join our growing global team and accelerate your career with Dimension Data. Apply today by clicking the ‘apply for this job’ button!
Diversity in Dimension Data
Dimension Data is an equal opportunity employer with a global culture that embraces diversity. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be unfairly discriminated against on any arbitrary ground including race, colour, sex, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, gender identity, sexual orientation, or other protected category.