Oakton is one of Australia’s leading Digital Consulting, Business and Technology Services companies, with over 1,000 employees and offices Australia wide and in Hyderabad India.
We are a full service digital advisory incorporating consulting services, data analytics, and business applications. We have the ability to provide holistic, end-to-end technology solutions as a wholly owned subsidiary of Dimension Data.
Dimension Data operates in 58 countries and is part of the NTT Group, the world’s 3rd largest telecommunications company.
About the Role
We are currently seeking an intermediate level Business Analyst is to work across a variety of projects and opportunities with a focus within the financial, telecommunications and government sectors. This resource would bring value beyond standard business analyst tasks, bring a positive attitude and also innovate with regards to recommending solutions to customers. This resource will elicit, analyse, document and recommend solutions and will be structured in their approach to analysis.
We are looking for a Business Analyst with great skills across modelling, documentation, elicitation and analysis techniques. This person needs to be technically inclined, understand how new technologies can be utilised and applied within various client domains and be able to draw from their technical knowledge in order to provide suitable solutions to clients. Ideally the candidate started out their career as a solution developer and then transition into a business analyst.
Your focus areas would be to:
- Design, develop and document high quality business solutions and projects.
- Elicit requirements and develop functional specification documentation.
- Conduct process and process improvement analysis, deliver presentations.
- Evaluate the clients' business needs and provide various options to address those needs.
- Facilitate and conduct workshops, solution implementation, testing and post go-live support.
Skills & Experience
To succeed in this role you will need the following skills and experience:
- Demonstrated experience as a Business Analyst working across large projects in a consultative capacity.
- Experience across two of the following sectors: financial services, government and telecommunications.
- Strong background in Agile and ability to setup Jira and Confluence in a variety of scenarios for Agile teams.
- Ability to adapt and apply existing techniques and methodologies to new uses.
- Excellent conceptual ability, skills in analysis and problem solving.
- Experience in software development.
Desirable Skills and Experience
- IIBA and/or Agile Product Owner certifications
- Process mapping and modelling (Lean/Six Sigma).
- Knowledge/experience in DevOps will be highly regarded.
At Oakton, we believe that how you think about the problem is more important than the problem itself.
Our employees are driven to think in new ways and contribute to innovative solutions for our clients.
We see things others don't.
In return for your skills and your commitment to our values, you will be rewarded with:
- Industry leading benefits including Income Protection & Crisis Insurance
- Opportunities for growth and development
- Unparalleled IT industry positioning
- Work with a supportive, talented and focused team