Oakton is one of Australia’s leading Digital Consulting, Business and Technology Services companies, with over 1,000 employees and offices Australia wide and in Hyderabad India.
We are a full service digital advisory incorporating consulting services, data analytics, and business applications. We have the ability to provide holistic, end-to-end technology solutions as a wholly owned subsidiary of Dimension Data.
Dimension Data operates in 58 countries and is part of the NTT Group, the world’s 3rd largest telecommunications company.
About the Role
We presently have an opening for a UX and Design leader to work on complex projects that are delivering solutions which will be used by millions of people every day. In this role you can expect to work closely with User Researchers, Service Designers, UX Designers and Front-end Developers, and use the latest industry standards and techniques to research then build the best user experience and engaging, beautiful interfaces.
If you join our team we’ll give you the chance to work with some of the best and brightest on industry leading projects. You’ll have variety and be supported in your career development from day one. In addition, you’ll have the chance to cross-train into the latest technologies.
Your job duties will be:
- Drive the Experience Design activity in engagements from concept to launch stage ensuring user needs are captured and incorporated
- Recruit lead and coach Experience Designers ensuring they have the skills and knowledge required to successfully perform their roles
- Actively contribute to pre-sales activity with the sales team, securing large scale engagements for the Digital Domain
- Set out the strategic Experience Design direction for our services and products, working in partnership with the leadership team
To be successful in this role, you will have:
- Experience of a similar role(s) for a least 7 years, ideally within a Digital Agency and Consultancy
We are looking for talented Experience Practice Leads with the following;
- Hands-on experience working within and collaborating in an Agile environment
- Proven experience in Experience Design leadership, setting best practices standards across all disciplines in the practice
- Exceptional stakeholder management expertise
- Comprehensive and successful experience in pre-sales activity, including tender responses, proof of concept and presentations
- Demonstrated experience leading Experience Design delivery throughout the life cycle of a project
- Advanced verbal and written communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment with competing priorities
- Comprehensive experience managing large teams of Experience Designers
At Oakton, we believe that how you think about the problem is more important than the problem itself.
Our employees are driven to think in new ways and contribute to innovative solutions for our clients.
We see things others don't.
In return for your skills and your commitment to our values, you will be rewarded with:
- Industry leading benefits including Income Protection & Crisis Insurance.
- Competitive salary structure.
- Unparalleled IT industry positioning.
- A talented and focused team.