Oakton is one of Australia’s leading Digital Consulting, Business and Technology Services companies, with over 1,000 employees and offices Australia wide and in Hyderabad India. We are a full service digital advisory incorporating consulting services, data analytics, and business applications. We have the ability to provide holistic, end-to-end technology solutions as a wholly owned subsidiary of Dimension Data. Dimension Data operates in 58 countries and is part of the NTT Group, the world’s 3rd largest telecommunications company.
About the Role
Oakton is seeking an experienced Senior Consultant - Data & Analytics to fill a key role within its Data & Analytics practice.
As a problem solver, you will work in some of the most challenging and exciting domains across government and industry, grappling with the most interesting and varied data sets Australia has to offer. You will be undertaking complex research in the application of data governance, data analytics and science techniques to industry business problems along with designing data management and analytics processes and models to deliver insights and meet business outcomes
You will leverage your industry experience, insight and instincts to contribute to Oakton’s unique value proposition that has driven our success in Australia for 30 years.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Designing, architecting, and implementing complex batch and real-time data analysis solutions and services in business intelligence, predictive and prescriptive analytics, data science, data management, and information management
- Designing, developing and implementing data collection, transformation, and data integration solution to create, coordinate and deploy information and analytics solutions
- Publishing and enforcing Big Data Analytics Tools best practices, configuration recommendations
- Providing technical guidance as SME and hands on delivery team member across multiple clients and engagements
- Contribute to thought leadership, and demonstrate personal excellence in the business application of advanced analytics techniques
Skills & Experience
The successful candidate will have the opportunity to work on challenging and pivotal projects across Oakton’s portfolio of clients! You will also have the following experience:
- Strong knowledge and experience in analytics solution including big data platforms, techniques and algorithms for data mining and machine learning
- Working across multiple data & analytics technologies (MS Azure, AWS, Hadoop ecosystem, PowerBI, Qlik, Tableau, etc)
- Hands on experience developing data-centric/data-driven transformation strategies for complex environments
- Producing artefacts, prototypes, process models, and dealing with complex data sets, data platform/techniques and analytics solution
- Designing data mining and analytics solutions with a range of software and statistical development platforms (such as R, Python, etc).
At Oakton, we believe that how you think about the problem is more important than the problem itself.
Our employees are driven to think in new ways and contribute to innovative solutions for our clients. We see things others don't.
With a 30 year pedigree in the Australian market and as part of the Dimension Data group, Oakton’s employees have access to some of the most interesting and challenging work in the industry. We seek the nothing short of the best talent in the market.
If you’re up for the challenge, we’d love to hear from you!