Do you believe you can do anything? Then we’re here to help you do it.
If you have a desire to succeed and drive your own career, Dimension Data offers you the opportunity to make that happen.
Dimension Data is a specialist IT services and solution provider that helps clients plan, build, support and manage their IT infrastructures. Dimension Data applies its expertise in networking, systems, converged communications, security, data centre, storage, application integration, Microsoft and contact centre technologies and its unique skills in consulting, integration and managed services to create customised client solutions.
The Technical Management Office Team is a dynamic and high performing team of technical specialists are responsible for driving capability improvements, operational standards and efficiencies within the managed services organisation. The primary purpose of this team is to work with our Delivery towers, key vendors and go to market practice leads to understand the roadmap of new technologies and services that our managed services business will be required to support.
The technical Lead will provide both technical and business inputs across the range of Dimension Data’s Managed Services, including alignment with our go to market practices delivery towers and global strategy. As this is a senior technical position the technical lead will be actively defining operational standards and driving efficiencies within our centralised computing delivery tower as well as acting as a trusted technical adviser.
- Drive improvements in the technical capabilities in line with existing and new market requirements.
- Work with our managed services delivery towers, our regional and global go to market practice leads and key vendors to understand the technical roadmap for new technologies and services
- Define and design a technical training roadmap as a consequence of services strategy and deal demand.
- Defining operational standards, builds, configurations and ongoing review of resource management models.
- Creating and growing a community of practice for expert engineering.
- Identify and drive operational efficiencies across the managed services business.
- Perform proactive activities to identify and develop opportunities for operational efficiencies
To succeed in this role, you’ll need:
- A professional, theoretical and conceptual knowledge across mainstream computing systems (including Microsoft, IBM, HP, SUN, and Linux), architectural design, and systems integration, typically acquired through related work experience.
- Automation and scripting capabilities preferable, along with proven technical expertise across a range of disciplines that may include Servers, Operating Systems, Storage, Virtualisation, Networking, Element Managers and Middleware.
- Hands-on operational experience and excellent technical knowledge with enterprise class operational platforms, applications, server components, operating systems and common architectures (storage, virtualisation, networking, and middleware). Demonstrated experience in Microsoft technologies such as Active Directory, SQL, SharePoint, PowerShell, Exchange
- Tool experience to include SCCM or WSUS for OS deployment, patch management, software distribution, and HW/SW inventory is desirable.
- Expert in the implementation, customisation and/or support of IT support products for standard IT disciplines including SAN and NAS storage in a Windows Server environment, backup and recovery solutions, and security, anti-virus, monitoring and scheduling tools.
ITIL Foundation Certification is a requirement although training can be provided.
At least one (preferably more) of the following:
- Microsoft Certified Systems Engineer (MCSE) certification in Windows 2012/2016.
- Current VMWare, Hyper-V certification or equivalent hands-on experience with virtualisation technologies.
- Dell EMC, NetApp and/or HP Storage knowledge or certification.
- Microsoft MCSA, MOS Master, Server+.
- Current Cisco UCS certification.
We look for people with a client centric, consultative approach. You’re committed to excellence and ongoing development, and want to leverage the fantastic training opportunities that we offer. We want team players. We care about our clients, our colleagues, and the environment and we want you to do the same.
In return for your skills and your commitment to our values, you will be rewarded with a responsive and balanced workplace, unparalleled IT industry positioning, industry leading benefits, an excellent salary and bonus structure along with a talented and focused team.
Join our growing global team and accelerate your career with Dimension Data. Apply today!
Diversity in Dimension Data
Dimension Data is an equal opportunity employer with a global culture that embraces diversity. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be unfairly discriminated against on any arbitrary ground including race, colour, sex, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, gender identity, sexual orientation, or other protected category.