Do you want to be the person who exceeds your potential?
If you have a desire to succeed and drive your own career, Dimension Data offers you the opportunity to make that happen.
We’re positioned to lead the change in the biggest transformation that the IT industry has seen in decades — and we need your talent, skill, and ambitious ideas. As a Global Top Employer to over 28,000 great people in more than 58 countries, you’ll be working with teams across the world. You’ll be doing great things for our clients and helping them achieve their business ambitions.
We are currently looking for a Service Desk Analyst to support the business in achieving its strategic objectives. This role is ideally suited for Graduates with a background in IT seeking entry level helpdesk/service desk opportunities or a slightly experienced service desk analyst.
Customer service skills are paramount for this role .
The Service Desk Analyst is responsible for ensuring timely restoration of service for Dimension Data clients by managing requests (Incidents, Service Requests, and Events) through to successful completion.
What we expect you to do:
- Logging -responsible for receiving, validating and logging client requests. Tracking
- Tracking- tracks requests and determines current activity on it. Use this information to update task details and to provide regular updates to clients.
- Escalation - Analyse and interpret the requests to ensure that the classification, prioritisation and escalation of the requests are correct. Identify and escalate requests and exceptions where necessary.
- Resolution - Ensure the swift resolution of faults. Ensure that the user and/or client are kept updated on the progress in relation to the resolution of the fault.
- Interact with necessary internal stakeholders You are responsible for managing requests through to resolution within the service level agreement conditions by coordinating product requests and liaising with relevant business colleagues to ensure resolution. The target is zero missed SLA.
- Reports - Produce breach and other reports that are necessary for the correct operation of our processes. identify failures and short-comings in the current processes and escalate with recommendations.
Here's what we are looking for in candidates for this job:
- Excellent customer service and communication skills (verbal & written).
- Strong analytical, co-ordination and troubleshooting skills.
- Motivated personality and team focused.
- Demonstrated passion, desire and dedication to ongoing training and development.
- Proactive, flexible attitude to work with a willingness to be part of a rostered team.
- Basic Windows and computer troubleshooting skills.
*This role is a 24/7 position so there will be night shifts rostered in*
Join our growing global team and accelerate your career with Dimension Data. Apply today!
Diversity in Dimension Data
We have a global culture that embraces diversity. Dimension Data respects the diverse experiences and individual beliefs of its employees. As such, Dimension Data is committed to an inclusive workplace for all and we’re proud to provide equal employment opportunities for all qualified applicants.