Do you believe you can do anything? Then we’re here to help you do it.
If you have a desire to succeed and drive your own career, Dimension Data offers you the opportunity to make that happen.
We’re positioned to lead the change in the biggest transformation that the IT industry has seen in decades — and we need your talent, skill, and ambitious ideas. As a Global Top Employer to over 31,000 great people in more than 57 countries, you’ll be working with talented teams across the world. You’ll be doing great things for our clients and helping them achieve their business ambitions.
We are currently looking for a Senior Gateway Engineer with a strong security and networking background to join our Professional Services team in ACT for an initial 6 month contract.
You will be a part of a skilled project delivery team managing dynamic multi-tenanted and dedicated secure gateway environments. These environments utilise a range of technologies that are underpinned by a framework that ensures security, reliability and agility for our customers. Because of these extensive environments you will have the opportunity to work with a variety of technologies across multiple vendors including Cisco, VMware, Checkpoint, F5, McAfee, Juniper, Palo Alto, Splunk, BlueCoat and more.
- Delivering high quality projects at a senior level including complex incidents and requests as well as and performing proactive and reactive maintenance activities.
- Providing input into the design and assisting in the delivery of major infrastructure projects including technology and hardware refreshes, new capability, new services and on boarding of new customers.
- Be a point of escalation and mentor for Tier 1 and 2 engineers.
- Work with stakeholders to ensure solutions are supportable and documented.
To successfully deliver this project:
- Practical technical project experience, with a strong emphasis on the gateway environment.
- Hands on networking experience with detailed knowledge of network protocols such as OSPF, BGP4, GRE Multipoint, DMVPN IPSEC, 802.1q.
- Experience in the administration of various Firewall platforms including Checkpoint, ASA, McAfee Firewall Enterprise, Palo Alto.
- Demonstrable experience and knowledge of a range of protocols including SMTP, HTTP/S, DNS, IPSEC/SSL VPN's, IPv6 & TCP/IP.
- Ability to interact with technical and management staff to develop and problem solve technical requirements.
We look for people with a client centric, consultative approach. We want team players. We care about our clients, our colleagues, and the environment and we want you to do the same.
In return for your skills and your commitment to our values, you will be exposed to industry leading technology, projects and expertise. You’ll have the support of specialist colleagues across Australia and the globe. And unique in the contracting market, you’ll be charged no payroll administration fees, and have access to discounted training and certifications via Dimension Data Learning Solutions.
Join our growing global team and accelerate your career with Dimension Data. Apply today!
Diversity in Dimension Data
Dimension Data is an equal opportunity employer with a global culture that embraces diversity. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be unfairly discriminated against on any arbitrary ground including race, colour, sex, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, gender identity, sexual orientation, or other protected category.