Oakton is one of Australia’s leading Digital Consulting, Business and Technology Services companies, with over 1,000 employees and offices Australia wide and in Hyderabad India.
We are a full service digital advisory incorporating consulting services, data analytics, and business applications. We have the ability to provide holistic, end-to-end technology solutions as a wholly owned subsidiary of Dimension Data.
Dimension Data operates in 58 countries and is part of the NTT Group, the world’s 3rd largest telecommunications company.
About the Role
The Application Managed Services Business Development Manager is responsible for prospecting, developing and closing net new Application Managed Services engagements in the assigned territory / location. In line with this the AMS BDM may work either independently or in support of Oakton’s and the broader Dimension Data Group’s account based sales and pre-sales teams. The AMS BDM will be measured on both personal sales and the success of the broader territory sales team as above.
- Prospect, shape and qualify AMS sales opportunities within the assigned territory.
- Actively lead or be involved in building the opportunity business case and manage the sales lifecycle of the deal to closure.
- Either independently, or in conjunction with assigned Oakton Client Partners, drive and manage the relationship with assigned Client/Accounts including senior level relationship management, business development and Client/account planning.
- Participate in the delivery governance of assigned accounts.
- Comply with Oakton’s sales processes in a timely and professional manner (CRM, OQ, Client/Account Planning etc.).
- Support and Assistance in developing new Market Services, Solutions and Offers for the Application Managed Services team.
Sales and Client/ Account Management Responsibilities
- Drives sales to reach targets assigned.
- Pipeline Generation.
- Forecasts upcoming work and pipeline effectively.
- Works with other roles to maximise Oakton’s overall influence and potential within strategic accounts.
- Responsible for the production of winning bids matching our service offers.
- Drives understanding of client needs, organisation and key decision makers to support successful sales engagements.
- Ensures effective relationships are in place at all levels within clients.
- Continually builds personal knowledge of industry trends, market situation, business drivers and competitive situations, and ensures that active pursuit of customer and industry information is maintained at all levels within the domain.
Key Skills and Experience Required:
- Ability to hold consistent and ongoing high level CXO discussions and develop relationships to the point that is viewed as the Trusted Advisor by the Client.
- Commercially astute with substantive experience in positioning SLA based service managed propositions in the industry.
- Ability to show leadership and represent Oakton AMS services in strategic business context to the Account in all circumstances.
- Proven high level Business development ability and track record including identifying and successfully engaging net new
At Oakton, we believe that how you think about the problem is more important than the problem itself.
Our employees are driven to think in new ways and contribute to innovative solutions for our clients.
We see things others don't.
In return for your skills and your commitment to our values, you will be rewarded with:
- Industry leading benefits including Income Protection & Crisis Insurance.
- Competitive salary structure.
- Unparalleled IT industry positioning.
- A talented and focused team.