Viiew provides tiered workplace-as-a-service solutions, delivering a broad range of capability and services in ICT. Viiew's tailored solutions enable organisations to achieve business outcomes, while managing their risk as they consume technology and ICT services.
As a wholly owned subsidiary of Dimension Data, a global IT services and solutions provider, who are in turn owned by Nippon Telegraph & Telephone (NTT) – the world’s largest ICT provider of telecoms and services - you are joining an organisation with unparalleled IT industry positioning allowing for exceptional growth opportunities.
About the Role
Senior DevOps Engineer 6 months Sydney CBD . The successful applicant will join a team working on operationalising an enterprise Kubernetes cluster that can run either on AWS or on premises (platform agnostic) and will also work on embedding a SAST (Static Application Security Testing) scanning solution (Microfocus Fortify) into our CI/CD pipelines. Pipelines use tools such as Jenkins or GoCD as well APRO and GitLab.
- Help development teams to automate their build, test, packaging and deployment procedures to provide a pipeline deployment capability into Production..
- Support existing development and deployment tools and build new ones where gaps exist in our tooling portfolio.
- Troubleshoot deployment issues and infrastructure issues that are affecting development teams’ delivery capability.
Skills & Experience
- Development experience in a high-level programming language (e.g. Ruby, Java, C#, Python, GO)
- Strong working knowledge of Infrastructure as Code concepts, tools and CI/CD (e.g. Ansible, GoCD, Jenkins, GitLab, CloudFormation, Packer, Helm, Docker)
- Experience with Linux and comfortable working on the command line (specifically RHEL/Centos/CoreOS)
- Scripting skills to enable automation of manual tasks (e.g. Bash/Ruby/Python)
- Strong working knowledge of core AWS Cloud Services (EC2, ELB, IAM, VPC, Route 53, RDS, S3, Lambda, CloudWatch, CloudFormation)
- Automate and provision Windows based services (e.g PowerShell, Packer)
- Experience architecting and managing large Kubernetes clusters in both a cloud and Data Centre environment.
- Proficient in container ecosystem and the use and configuration of Docker or equivalent framework.
- Understand the CI/CD workflow and how to work with teams to develop this capability.
Viiew Consultants deliver with speed and agility, adapting to new projects and teams with ease. We meet deadlines, and we act with accountability. We are committed to the needs of our clients, and to professional excellence in all we do.
We reward our Consultants for their skills and alignment to our values with:
- Exposure to industry leading technology, projects and expertise
- Support of specialist colleagues across Australia and the globe as part of the Dimension Data group.
- No payroll administration fees.
- Entitlements to discounted training and certifications via Dimension Data Learning Solutions (DDLS).