Do you believe you can do anything? Then we’re here to help you do it.
If you have a desire to succeed and drive your own career, Dimension Data offers you the opportunity to make that happen.
We’re positioned to lead the change in the biggest transformation that the IT industry has seen in decades — and we need your talent, skill, and ambitious ideas. As a Global Top Employer to over 31,000 great people in more than 57 countries, you’ll be working with talented teams across the world. You’ll be doing great things for our clients and helping them achieve their business ambitions.
We are currently looking for a Developer to join our team and focus on developing new data-platform offerings and supporting SQL Services' existing portfolio. Reporting to the Solutions Director, the Lead Developer will be a champion of smart, effective development using industry-leading toolsets. They will recognise areas where change is needed and play a pivotal role building cool solutions that will delight our customers.
- Work with the Solution Director to build the next generation of managed database services supporting multiple cloud providers and data platforms
- Support and maintain existing products and services
- Champion a well-implemented and managed SDLC
- Obsess over delivering continuous, incremental value, working smarter and automating wherever possible
- Strive to minimise work in progress (WIP) and reduce technical debt
- Ensure change control processes are rigorously followed, all code is reviewed and tested
Research and Development
- Stay current on relevant technologies and industry trends
- Attend key industry conferences and participate where opportunities arise
Market Growth and Positioning
- Lift the public profile of SQL Services through public speaking, social media and user group attendance
- Attend occasional sales calls with Business Development Managers
- Help DBAs work with the existing solution stack and help prepare for the next generation
- Contribute to internal knowledge base articles
To succeed in this high performing team, you will need:
- C# development experience
- SQL Server or Oracle development experience
- Experience with agile software engineering practices, test driven methodologies
- Azure / AWS / GCP data services experience highly desired
- Must. Love. Data.
- Continuous learner, able to adapt quickly to new technologies in a challenging, high-growth environment
- Self-motivated, ability to work un-supervised as well as part of a distributed team
- Strong intellectual curiosity and desire for excellence, leading by example, building products and supporting development
- Awesome interpersonal and communication skills able to develop strong relationships
Join our growing global team and accelerate your career with Dimension Data. Apply today.
Diversity in Dimension Data
Dimension Data is an equal opportunity employer with a global culture that embraces diversity. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be unfairly discriminated against on any arbitrary ground including race, colour, sex, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, gender identity, sexual orientation, or other protected category.