Do you believe you can do anything? Then we’re here to help you do it.
If you have a desire to succeed and drive your own career, Dimension Data offers you the opportunity to make that happen.
We’re positioned to lead the change in the biggest transformation that the IT industry has seen in decades — and we need your talent, skill, and ambitious ideas. As a Global Top Employer to over 31,000 great people in more than 57 countries, you’ll be working with talented teams across the world. You’ll be doing great things for our clients and helping them achieve their business ambitions.
We are currently looking for a SQL Server Database Administrator to join our team wand take responsibility for the performance, integrity and security of large, more complex databases and processes. This role will require you take responsibility for the design of both back-end organisation of data and front-end accessibility for end-users.
Working closely with Change Control, Release Management, Asset and Configuration Management, Capacity and Availability Management you will focus on establishing the needs of users, monitoring user access and security and controlling access permissions and privileges to database environments.
Ensure database management
- Ensure that data is clearly defined and refine the logical design of the database so that it can be translated into a specific data model.
- Take responsibility for the mapping out of the conceptual design for a planned database in outline.
- Take ownership for the writing of database documentation, including data standards, procedures and definitions for the data dictionary (metadata).
- Create, test and execute data management languages.
Ensure database performance
- Monitor the performance and manage the parameters of the database to ensure the provision of speedy query responses to front-end users.
- Monitor production databases regularly or respond to any database issues by bringing down the database or taking the database offline.
Produce and use reports
- Advise on and assist with the development of database utilities and automated reporting.
- Set up data sharing and disk partitioning.
- Enable front-end users to access data concurrently in a way or form that suits their particular needs.
- Provide support in critical situations.
- Assist the Change Control and Release Management functions by commissioning and installing new applications and customising existing application in order to make them fit for purpose.
- Apply the patches and upgrade the database as required by the design team.
- Communicate regularly with technical, applications and operational employees to ensure database integrity and security.
Manage client relationships
- Maintain data standards in accordance with client requirements, Dimension Data policies and the Data Protection Act.
- Ensure that clients comply with non-disclosure agreements with clients.
Key Selection Criteria
- Extensive background as a SQL Server Database Administrator
- SQL Server 2000 - 2017
- SQL AlwaysOn
- Ability to implement automation scripts
We look for people with a client centric, consultative approach. You’re committed to excellence and ongoing development, and want to leverage the fantastic training opportunities that we offer. We want team players. We care about our clients, our colleagues, and the environment and we want you to do the same.
In return for your skills and your commitment to our values, you will be rewarded with a responsive and balanced workplace, unparalleled IT industry positioning, industry leading benefits, an excellent salary and bonus structure along with a talented and focused team.
Join our growing global team and accelerate your career with Dimension Data. Apply today!
Diversity in Dimension Data
Dimension Data is an equal opportunity employer with a global culture that embraces diversity. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be unfairly discriminated against on any arbitrary ground including race, colour, sex, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, gender identity, sexual orientation, or other protected category.