- Great team and company culture.
- Career development opportunities.
- Insurance and Bonus included.
SQL services is the leading provider of of DBA and Consulting services for SQL Server and Oracle in New Zealand. We support a large number of New Zealand and Australian companies from our Head Office in Nelson and also have offices in Sydney, Brisbane, Melbourne, Auckland, Napier, Wellington and Christchurch.
About the role
Due to continued growth, we're looking for an experienced SQL Server production DBA to join us in Nelson, to help provide customer focused proactive DBA support for our growing Australian customer base.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Monitor the performance and manage the parameters of the database, to ensure the provision of speedy query responses to front-end users.
- Ensure that data is clearly defined and refine the logical design of the database so that it can be translated into a specific data model.
- Take ownership for the writing of database documentation, including data standards, procedures and definitions for the data dictionary (metadata).
- Assist the change control and release management functions by commissioning and installing new applications and customising existing applications, in order to make them fit for purpose.
To succeed in this high performing team, you will need:
- Solid practical experience as a SQL Server Database Administrator/SQL Server Database Consultant.
- Strong knowledge across SQL Server 2000 - 2017.
- Proven ability to implement automation scripts.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, with experience in building professional working relationships with internal teams and clients.
The successful candidate will be working for the market leader in a challenging and dynamic industry. You will be working in a fun, supportive and positive team and be provided excellent training and support along with an attractive remuneration package.
So if you have the required skills and would like to learn more, please don't hesitate to apply.