Oakton is one of Australia’s leading Digital Consulting, Business and Technology Services companies, with over 1,000 employees and offices Australia wide and in Hyderabad India. We are a full service digital advisory incorporating consulting services, data analytics, and business applications. We have the ability to provide holistic, end-to-end technology solutions as a wholly owned subsidiary of Dimension Data.
Dimension Data operates in 58 countries and is part of the NTT Group, the world’s 3rd largest telecommunications company.
About the Role
As Oakton continues to grow, we are now seeking a Principal Consultant to fill a key role within the Data and Analytics practice. As a leader in the Data and Analytics team, you will design, manage, deliver and implement complex data and information management platforms in areas such as business intelligence, machine learning, data mining, complex data analytics, taking a solution from strategy through implementation to a managed service.
This role will give you the opportunity to work in some of the most challenging and exciting domains across government and industry, grappling with the most interesting and varied data sets Australia has to offer. You will be undertaking complex research in the application of data governance, data analytics and science techniques to industry business problems, along with designing data management and analytics processes and models, to deliver insights and meet business outcomes.
Your responsibilities will also include:
- Leading and delivering strategy and advisory engagements in business intelligence, predictive and prescriptive analytics, data science, data management, and information management, utilising Agile (Scrum) frameworks
- Assessing the maturity, capability, and architecture of client organisations and developing strategies and roadmaps to support their implementation
- Designing analytics frameworks, visualisations, information architectures, and undertaking analytics audits for major clients
- Leading and delivering business development and sales activities in the data and analytics space
What we are looking for
- Ability to facilitate business requirements gathering to drive technical delivery and solution architecture
- Experience working across other multiple data & analytics technologies (AWS, Hadoop ecosystem, PowerBI, Qlik, Tableau, etc)
- Highly competent communication & presentation skills, capable of implementing best practice solutions
- Technical capability:
- Power BI Dashboards
- Experience with Azure IaaS and PaaS
- SQL BI stack (SSIS, SSRS, SSAS)
- SQL Server 2012/2014/2016
- Azure services including Stream Analytics, IoT Hub, Logic Apps, Event Hub & Azure Data Lake
But that’s not all. You will also be comfortable and motivated to coach and guide your team members as part of their objectives and professional growth in areas, such as:
- Career management
- Coaching & mentoring of assigned consultants
- Performance management
- Establishing career goals and formalising development plans
- Provide leadership around competency groups such as strategy and advisory
At Oakton, we believe that how you think about the problem is more important than the problem itself.
Our employees are driven to think in new ways and contribute to innovative solutions for our clients. We see things others don't.