Viiew provides tiered workplace-as-a-service solutions, delivering a broad range of capability and services in ICT. Viiew's tailored solutions enable organisations to achieve business outcomes, while managing their risk as they consume technology and ICT services.
As a wholly owned subsidiary of Dimension Data, a global IT services and solutions provider, who are in turn owned by Nippon Telegraph & Telephone (NTT) – the world’s largest ICT provider of telecoms and services - you are joining an organisation with unparalleled IT industry positioning allowing for exceptional growth opportunities.
About the Role
We are seeking a Cyber Security Analyst to augment our Insurance client’s project. You’ll join our team in a permanent role with a great base and employee benefits. Based on our client’s site in Melbourne CBD. Here you’ll be providing security intelligence analysis in order to identify threats, quantify vulnerabilities and help reduce risk. Focused on external and internal threats originating in information technology environments, the CSA will produce actionable, client-focused information in a clear and concise manner.
Conducting or coordinating security investigations and managing security incident responses.
This is also a hands-on role that requires a high level of technical understanding in the areas of networking, operating systems, mobile technologies, cloud services and the use of information security tools to deliver the expected outcomes.
Threat Analysis -
· Monitor media information feeds for cyber Intelligence on emerging threats.
· Collect, research and analyse cyber threat information relevant to network and infrastructure systems and its relevant cloud providers
Insider threat and security investigation -
· Create custom analytic reports for the high-risk assets and staff that has critical business responsibilities
· Maintain a high state of situational awareness regarding internal threats to key assets
· Keep a close tab of all contractors and third party remote and direct access to network and systems
Operate and maintain security support tools -
· Responsible for monitoring the health and performance of the security support tools
· Perform regular patches and upgrades as and when advised by the vendor
· Perform regular housekeeping and maintenance of the security support tools
Security incident response team -
· Support the activities of the security incident response team (SIRT)
· Support table-top test exercises and ensure participation of key stakeholders
Skills & Experience
To successfully deliver this project you will need - IT or network security experience
· A relevant ICT tertiary qualification is preferred Security certification (e.g. CompTIA Security+,SSCP, CCNA Security or equivalent) is highly regarded
· Experience or knowledge of various security standards;e.g. ISO27001, PCI DSS, APRA PPG234
· Strong knowledge and experience in the following security technologies is highly regarded; firewall, intrusion detection systems, data loss prevention, and virus, SIEM and vulnerability management
· Detailed working knowledge of networking, operating systems (Windows and UNIX) and systems protocols is mandatory. Extensive knowledge of current IT security Issues and Industry trends
· Ability to write and present reports and recommendations, root cause analysis, incident response, security vulnerability analysis and penetration test findings
- Background in Information Security, either gained through working directly in an information security department or as a system/network administrator with some security responsibilities.
- Analytical rigour to all work but remain open to non-traditional information or conclusions.
- Excellent writing and presentation skills and be able to defend their analytical conclusions in logical and pervasive terms.
- Able to work independently to meet tight deadlines.
Viiew Consultants deliver with speed and agility, adapting to new projects and teams with ease. We meet deadlines, and we act with accountability. We are committed to the needs of our clients, and to professional excellence in all we do.
We reward our Consultants for their skills and alignment to our values with:
• Exposure to industry leading technology, projects and expertise
• Support of specialist colleagues across Australia and the globe as part of the Dimension Data group.
• Income protection & Crisis insurance
• Phone allowances
• And much more