SQL Services is the leading supplier of DBA and Consulting services for SQL Server and Oracle in Australia and New Zealand.
As a wholly-owned subsidiary of Dimension Data, a global IT services and solutions provider, who are in turn owned by Nippon Telegraph & Telephone (NTT) – the world’s largest ICT provider of telecoms and services - you are joining an organisation with unparalleled IT industry positioning allowing for exceptional growth opportunities.
About the role
We continue to experience strong growth and are now seeking a Principal BI Consultant to join us to provide customer-focused proactive consulting services to our large Australasian customer base. This position will focus on building and leading a growing Business Intelligence practice with a broad Trans-Tasman client base
This role will require you to be working closely with multiple clients and business partners providing innovative business intelligence information using latest market tools and trends and helping our clients define their business intelligence roadmap.
Key Selection Criteria:
- Demonstrable client-facing skills and pre-sales experience
- Extensive experience building business intelligence or data warehousing solutions including developing data warehouses, data integration, semantic modeling, and business data visualization
- Knowledge in multiple Azure Data Services such as Data Factory, Databricks, SQL Database, SQL Data Warehouse, and Machine Learning.
- Experience in the traditional Microsoft business intelligence stack: SQL Server database engine, T-SQL, Integration Services, Analysis Services OLAP & Tabular, Reporting Services, and Power BI
- Ability to drive a delivery team towards project objectives
- Ability to consult with and provide analytics solutions to customers is a must
Our culture and benefits
We encourage ownership and responsibility through autonomy and empowerment. SQL Services believe in continual professional and personal improvement and invest heavily in our people, technology and processes. You will be working with a fun, supportive and positive team, as part of the market leader in a challenging and dynamic industry.