SQL Services is the leading supplier of DBA and Consulting services for SQL Server and Oracle in Australia and New Zealand.
As a wholly-owned subsidiary of Dimension Data, a global IT services and solutions provider, who are in turn owned by Nippon Telegraph & Telephone (NTT) – the world’s largest ICT provider of telecoms and services - you are joining an organisation with unparalleled IT industry positioning allowing for exceptional growth opportunities.
About the role
We continue to experience strong growth and are now seeking a BI Practice Lead to join us to provide customer-focused proactive consulting services to our large Australasian customer base. This position will focus on building and leading a growing Business Intelligence practice with a broad Trans-Tasman client base.
you will be working closely with multiple clients and business partners providing innovative business intelligence information using latest market tools and trends and helping our clients define their business intelligence roadmap.
- This role will require someone with extensive hands on technical experience, leading the organisation to their next phase of advanced analytics, data Virtualisation and data integration.
- As this is a customer facing role you will engage with external stakeholders offering technical recommendations to help meet the clients and business objectives
- As a subject matter expert in Business Intelligence, Data Insights and Machine Learning.
- Document forecasted time, actual time and work deliverables as a way to measure workload and billable time to clients
- Build, present and maintain reports, dashboards and data driven models to internal and external teams and stakeholders
- Develop artifacts and deliverables to clients and stakeholders which may include presentation decks, reports, training materials, data visualisations, requirements, project scope and system documentation
Key Selection Criteria:
- Proven experience as a BI Practice Lead across large organisations
- Demonstrable client-facing skills and pre-sales experience
- Extensive experience building business intelligence or data warehousing solutions including developing data warehouses, data integration, semantic modeling, and business data visualisation
- Knowledge in multiple Azure Data Services such as Data Factory, Databricks, SQL Database, SQL Data Warehouse, and Machine Learning.
- Experience in the traditional Microsoft business intelligence stack: SQL Server database engine, T-SQL, Integration Services, Analysis Services OLAP & Tabular, Reporting Services, and Power BI
- Ability to drive a delivery team towards project objectives
- Ability to consult with and provide analytics solutions to customers
- Ability to interact and communicate professionally with C-Level management
- Keen ability to problem solve and the ability to logically plan
Our culture and benefits
We encourage ownership and responsibility through autonomy and empowerment. SQL Services believe in continual professional and personal improvement and invest heavily in our people, technology and processes. You will be working with a fun, supportive and positive team, as part of the market leader in a challenging and dynamic industry.