Oakton is one of Australia’s leading Digital Consulting, Business and Technology Services companies, with over 1,000 employees and offices Australia wide and in Hyderabad India.
We are a full service digital advisory incorporating consulting services, data analytics, and business applications. We have the ability to provide holistic, end-to-end technology solutions as a wholly owned subsidiary of Dimension Data.
Dimension Data operates in 58 countries and is part of the NTT Group, the world’s 3rd largest telecommunications company.
You will be assigned current named accounts and potential strategic accounts in Victoria, generating over $5 million in Professional Services revenue each year from multi-Domain offerings. This role is primarily focused on named accounts in Victoria. The role may have National responsibility for a subset of Industry aligned Clients/Accounts.
- You will be Responsible for the broad relationship with the Client, driving deep engagement including business development of accounts with a real potential to become a Strategic Account, account planning and delivering governance, including profitability of your named Accounts.
- Support whitespace development utilising industry or domain expertise and strengths.
- Senior level relationship management and business development.
- Comply with Oakton’s sales processes in a timely and professional manner (CRM, OQ, Client/Account Planning etc.).
- Support and Assistance in developing new Market Services, Solutions and Offerings
Sales and Account Management Responsibilities
- Drive sales to reach targets assigned, including Pipeline Generation
- Forecast upcoming work and pipeline effectively.
- Meet the Client profitability Margin.
- Achieve the Client Net Promoter Score as measured in the annual survey.
- Work with other roles to maximise Oakton’s overall influence and potential within strategic accounts.
- Responsible for producing winning bids matching our service offerings.
- Actively participate and drive Pre-Sales activities within named Accounts.
- Drive understanding of client needs, organisation and key decision makers. Ensure effective relationships are in place at all levels within client accounts.
- Continually build personal knowledge of industry trends, market situation, business drivers and competitive situations, and ensures that active pursuit of customer and industry information is maintained at all levels within the domain.
Key Skills and Experience Required:
- Ability to hold consistent and ongoing high level CXO discussions and develop relationships to the point that you are viewed as the Trusted Advisor by the Client.
- Commercially astute, having the ability to grow profitability in the account and making smart investments that lead to growth.
- Ability to show leadership and truly represent Oakton to the Account in all circumstances.
- Proven ability to step above the day to day transactions to see strategic opportunities and to drive new Oakton offerings into the account.
- Proven track record of consultative selling ability
- Proven sales ability including outstanding negotiation skills, persuasive ability and excellent communication skills.
- High level of professional services and industry knowledge coupled with the ability to deal with clients at all levels and translate client needs into a complete solution.
- Extensive experience in selling professional services into retail, utility or higher education sectors is highly favourable
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Demonstrated ability to take initiative and work independently.
- Ability to develop and deliver executive presentations on business matters.
- Well-developed analytical and organisational skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Ability to be able to quickly identify and solve problems through analysis and planning.
- High level of confidence drive and motivation and sound business acumen.
- This role reports to the Regional Sales Manager, Victoria
- All of Oakton employees and management.
- Will work closely with Service Domain Directors, & Location Services Director.
- CXO level within Client/Account
- Decision Makers within Client/Account
- Relevant Industry Bodies
Workplace Health and Safety Requirements:
To comply with Oakton’s policies and procedures to protect health and safety at work. To comply with all reasonable instructions from managers or H&S representatives in relation to health and safety issues at work. To participate in workplace health and safety training and consultation. To cooperate with Oakton as required enabling compliance with the law. To report any incidents/near misses.
Works with Organisation Capability, General Counsel, CFO and others as appropriate to develop and implement an effective compliance training programme, including appropriate induction training for new employees as well as ongoing training for all employees and managers in respect of legislation, regulations, policies, procedures, and Code of Conduct.