Looking for the next step in your career? Enjoy a challenge? Do you have an ambition for innovation? Want to make a difference?
If you join our growing global team, you’ll be working for an industry leader with offices across five continents, in over 47 countries and more than 28 000 employees. You will work with some of the leading world brands across the Fortune 100 and Fortune 500 companies – who are all relying on Dimension Data to help them use the power of technology to achieve their ambition in this digital era. You’ll be part of a team who’s passionate about making a difference to the way technology shapes how we live and work – whether it’s protecting the rhino, connecting the G20 Summit, or revolutionising cycling, giving you the opportunity to do great things.
You’ll be joining a Global Top Employer, recognised for investing in talent because people are at the heart of our success. You provide the skills, passion and ideas, and we’ll provide the platform to realise your ambitions. Great talent. Great teams. Great work. Great opportunities.
Want to be part of our team?
We are currently looking for an ambitious Desktop Support Engineer to join our dedicated and friendly end-user compute team. This is a permanent opportunity based in our Melbourne CBD offices.
This resource will provide onsite and remote desktop support to clients by responding to and resolving incidents and service requests.
Reporting to the Team Lead, this role will be responsible for:
- Maintaining, managing and supporting all end-user devices and associated software as per client contracts
- Provide quality customer service to all clients in a timely manner
- Respond to and resolve incidents and service requests escalated from the service desk
- Support multiple Standard Operating Environments (SOE) including desktop applications
- Participate in technical projects including project appraisal and problem tracking
To succeed in this role, we are looking for:
- Previous experience in a desktop support role with a strong client focus
- Technical expertise includes:
- Microsoft Windows desktop Operating systems (Windows 10, 8.1, 7)
- SOE including Desktop Application Support
- SCCM support (imaging, app deployment, reporting)
- VPN and Remote access support
- Smartphone support
- LAN and Wireless connectivity troubleshooting
- High level of initiative, accountability and attention to detail
- Self motivated, ability to work unsupervised as well as being able to work as part of a team
- Ability to quickly learn new technologies and adapt to new environments
- Proactive with a flexible attitude to work with a willingness to constantly review and improve skills and process
We look for people with a client centric, consultative approach. You’re committed to excellence and ongoing development, and want to leverage the fantastic training opportunities that we offer. We want team players. We care about our clients, our colleagues, and the environment and we want you to do the same.
In return for your skills and your commitment to our values, you will be rewarded with:
- a responsive and balanced workplace
- unparalleled IT industry positioning
- industry leading benefits
- an excellent salary and bonus structure
- a talented and focused team
Join our growing global team and accelerate your career with Dimension Data. Apply today by clicking the ‘apply for this job’ button!
Diversity in Dimension Data
Dimension Data is an equal opportunity employer with a global culture that embraces diversity. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be unfairly discriminated against on any arbitrary ground including race, colour, sex, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, gender identity, sexual orientation, or other protected category.