Looking for the next step in your career? Enjoy a challenge? Do you have an ambition for innovation? Want to make a difference?
If you join our growing global team, you’ll be working for an industry leader with offices across five continents, in over 47 countries and more than 28 000 employees. You will work with some of the leading world brands across the Fortune 100 and Fortune 500 companies – who are all relying on Dimension Data to help them use the power of technology to achieve their ambition in this digital era. You’ll be part of a team who’s passionate about making a difference to the way technology shapes how we live and work – whether it’s protecting the rhino, connecting the G20 Summit, or revolutionising cycling, giving you the opportunity to do great things.
You’ll be joining a Global Top Employer, recognised for investing in talent because people are at the heart of our success. You provide the skills, passion and ideas, and we’ll provide the platform to realise your ambitions. Great talent. Great teams. Great work. Great opportunities
Want to be part of our team?
We are seeking a Technical Consultant to join our team in Melbourne and focus on the delivery of small to large scale integration projects involving strategy, design, implementation and migrations of in-premise and Cloud solutions. This position will see you as the trusted advisor and technical subject matter expert across the following areas
Typical Responsibilities include
- Recommend cloud migration and consolidation strategies for hybrid cloud, design quality strategies, design secure migration process
- Design and implement Business Continuity strategies
- Design infrastructure strategies, storage, compute, networking, monitoring
- Design and deliver deployments and migrations to Azure
- Design auditing and monitoring strategies
- Detailed design contribution to tenders, bids and presales activities
You will work across the following Azure IaaS Stack
- Azure Backup, Azure Site Recovery, Azure virtual networking, Azure load balancing
- Automation of cloud deployments
- CLI, JSON, PowerShell (DSC), ARM
- Role based access control (RBAC), MFA, Azure AD
- Containerization, Docker, Kubernetes
- Serverless computing
- Azure DevOps - Azure Pipelines, Ansible, Chef, Jenkins, Terraform, CI/CD, IaC, Agile delivery
In addition to Azure IaaS, you will also have exposure to the Datacentre domain covering
- Virtualisation, VMware
- Enterprise storage technologies, DellEMC family
- Compute platforms, Cisco UCS
- Enterprise grade backup solutions
- Hyperconverged solutions, Hyperflex, Nutanix
Key Selection Criteria
- Deep and broad technical knowledge across date centre virtualisation, storage, compute, Cloud (Azure, AWS and GCP)
- Demonstrated experience in the design, build and deployment of Cloud and in-premise solutions, strategies
- Deep level of expertise with Cloud automation
- industry experience working in a consulting capacity
- industry certifications highly sought - MVP's highly desired
We look for people with a client centric, consultative approach. We want team players. We care about our clients, our colleagues, and the environment and we want you to do the same.
In return for your skills and your commitment to our values, you will be exposed to industry leading technology, projects and expertise. You’ll have the support of specialist colleagues across Australia and the globe. And unique in the contracting market, you’ll be charged no payroll administration fees, and have access to discounted training and certifications via Dimension Data Learning Solutions.
Join our growing global team and accelerate your career with Dimension Data. Apply today by clicking the ‘apply for this job’ button!
Diversity in Dimension Data
Dimension Data is an equal opportunity employer with a global culture that embraces diversity. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be unfairly discriminated against on any arbitrary ground including race, colour, sex, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, gender identity, sexual orientation, or other protected category.