Oakton is one of Australia’s leading Digital Consulting, Business, and Technology Services companies, with over 1,000 employees and offices Australia-wide and in Hyderabad, India.
We are a full-service digital advisory firm, incorporating digital consulting services, data analytics, and business applications. We have the ability to provide holistic, end-to-end technology solutions as a wholly-owned subsidiary of Dimension Data.
Dimension Data operates in 58 countries and is part of the NTT Group, one of the world’s three largest telecommunications companies.
About the Role
We are seeking a talented and creative Software Developer to work within our Digital Solutions team. We have exciting projects in our pipeline covering web, mobile, IoT and application integration which leverage cutting edge technologies in the cloud, in particular (but not limited to) Microsoft Azure. Based in our Sydney CBD Darling Park office, this role is paying a competitive salary of 85,000 (including super) and possibly more depending on your experience.
The role is a permanent position that is ideal for mid-level developers looking to grow their profile in a consulting environment and be exposed to a variety of challenging projects. We are looking to commence employment February of next year but ideally, the candidate would have the flexibility to start earlier if required.
Your work will involve:
- Collaboration with Product Managers / Product Owners, Scrum Masters, and UX Designers to build great applications.
- Solution design for full-stack applications and systems integration.
- Delivery of high-quality software
Skills & Experience
- Developing and deploying solutions on Microsoft Azure using the latest SaaS and PaaS components for API management, Business Logic, Data and Analytics.
- Strong skills and knowledge of architecture, design and development standards on .NET platforms using C#.
- Commercial experience in best-practice user authorization and authentication techniques and practices - SAML, OAuth, JWT, etc.
- Commercial experience developing REST APIs using JSON, OpenAPI and SOAP web services using XML and W3C schema.
- Integration technologies such as ESB, API Management, Web Services, EDI.
- Must be experienced in full Agile software delivery using TDD.
- Must be able to demonstrate full adoption of software development automation including Continuous Integration tools.
- Any experience in Apigee / Mulesoft / Axway / Dell Boomi / CA API Management / WSO2 / Neuron ESB will be highly regarded.
At Oakton, we believe that how you think about the problem is more important than the problem itself. Our employees are driven to think in new ways and contribute to innovative solutions for our clients. We see things others don't.
You’ll have a variety of challenging and meaningful engagements from day one and be supported as you drive your career, with the chance to cross-train in the latest technologies. When you join Oakton, you join a vibrant team, where company culture is a true enabler for success. An admirable reputation for innovative thinking and an agile approach ensures we are in demand from a range of organizations across multiple industries.
In return for your skills and your commitment to our values, you will be rewarded with:
- Industry-leading benefits including Income Protection & Crisis Insurance.
- Excellent opportunities for growth and development.
- Unparalleled IT industry positioning.
- A talented, supportive and focused team.