Do you believe you can do anything? Then we’re here to help you do it.
If you have a desire to succeed and drive your own career, Dimension Data offers you the opportunity to make that happen.
We’re positioned to lead the change in the biggest transformation that the IT industry has seen in decades — and we need your talent, skill, and ambitious ideas. As a Global Top Employer to over 31,000 great people in more than 57 countries, you’ll be working with talented teams across the world. You’ll be doing great things for our clients and helping them achieve their business ambitions.
We are seeking a Network Engineer to augment our hospital clients project. Joining us on an initial 8 week contract and based in Westmead.
This will include :
- Troubleshoot network failures and resolve problems to ensure that maximum network up time is maintained.
- Manage, develop and maintain data network security from external sources by firewalling and authorised VPN services.
- Manage and maintain TCP/ IP Protocol addressing for Hospital LAN/WAN. Manage and maintain VPN Administration and Support.
- Manage and maintain Cisco Wired LAN.
- Manage and maintain Cisco Wireless LAN. Manage and maintain WAN Links. Install, maintain and support Data Centre Assets. Support the IT Services Manager, Server Admin, and Support Team in network related issues. Organise, administer, and advise on all data cabling within the hospital. Develop and maintain operational procedures in consultation with management and clients for the network’s maintenance, operation and management.
- Liaise with vendors to resolve complex issues. Monitor and tune all network equipment to ensure maximum response and up time. Provide user support and technical advice. Install, analyse and configure all data communication hardware and software.
To successfully deliver this project you will need:
- Cisco Routing & Switching & Wireless Certification and demonstrated experience as a network administrator in a Cisco environment in a medium to large commercial environment.
- Demonstrated, recent experience in configuration and installation of Nexus switches
and installation and configuration of Cisco Wireless controllers.
- Demonstrated, recent experience in configuration and installation of Cisco switches including ASR, 6500, VSS and Cisco Workgroup switches.
- Demonstrated, recent experience in using Cisco Prime Infrastructure and MSE and experience in Cisco Identity Service Engine.
- Familiarity with F5 modules e.g. ASM and LTM and some experience in Cisco ASA with FirePower services.
We look for people with a client centric, consultative approach. We want team players. We care about our clients, our colleagues, and the environment and we want you to do the same.
In return for your skills and your commitment to our values, you will be exposed to industry leading technology, projects and expertise. You’ll have the support of specialist colleagues across Australia and the globe. And unique in the contracting market, you’ll be charged no payroll administration fees, and have access to discounted training and certifications via Dimension Data Learning Solutions.
Join our growing global team and accelerate your career with Dimension Data. Apply today!
Diversity in Dimension Data
Dimension Data is an equal opportunity employer with a global culture that embraces diversity. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be unfairly discriminated against on any arbitrary ground including race, colour, sex, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, gender identity, sexual orientation, or other protected category.