Looking for the next step in your career? Enjoy a challenge? Do you have an ambition for innovation? Want to make a difference?
If you join our growing global team, you’ll be working for an industry leader with offices across five continents, in over 47 countries and more than 28 000 employees. You will work with some of the leading world brands across the Fortune 100 and Fortune 500 companies – who are all relying on Dimension Data to help them use the power of technology to achieve their ambition in this digital era. You’ll be part of a team who’s passionate about making a difference to the way technology shapes how we live and work – whether it’s protecting the rhino, connecting the G20 Summit, or revolutionising cycling, giving you the opportunity to do great things.
You’ll be joining a Global Top Employer, recognised for investing in talent because people are at the heart of our success. You provide the skills, passion and ideas, and we’ll provide the platform to realise your ambitions. Great talent. Great teams. Great work. Great opportunities.
Want to be part of our team?
We are currently looking for a Senior Data Centre Engineer with solid experience in VxRail & VxBlock to join our Perth Professional Services team. This is an initial 6 to 12 month contract as we work on a data centre refresh project for one of our key clients. The project will involve infrastructure refresh across 9 DC sites.
You responsibilities in this role will include:
- Undertaking data and application migrations off legacy hosting environments
- Working with Dell-EMC VxBlock and VxRail solutions
- Producing detailed workload migration plan(s)
- Raising technical Change Approval requests and talk to these in the CAB forum
- Assessing technical and business impacts
- Producing detailed handover documentation
- Liaising with Operations and Applications teams to agree service outages/handover
To succeed in this role, we are looking for:
- Strong experience in Datacentre design and implementation
- Deep VxRail and VxBlock product and engineering knowledge
- Experience with VMware, EMC Isilon, UCS (Cisco)
- Strong documentation and review skills covering IT infrastructure at high level and low level designs
- Excellent communication skills and flexibility to travel to different datacentre sites around Australia, when required
We look for people with a client centric, consultative approach. You’re committed to excellence and ongoing development, and want to leverage the fantastic training opportunities that we offer. We want team players. We care about our clients, our colleagues, and the environment and we want you to do the same.
In return for your skills and your commitment to our values, you will be exposed to industry leading technology, projects and expertise. You’ll have the support of specialist colleagues across Australia and the globe. And unique in the contracting market, you’ll be charged no payroll administration fees, and have access to discounted training and certifications via Dimension Data Learning Solutions.
Join our growing global team and accelerate your career with Dimension Data. Apply today by clicking the ‘apply for this job’ button!
Diversity in Dimension Data
Dimension Data is an equal opportunity employer with a global culture that embraces diversity. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be unfairly discriminated against on any arbitrary ground including race, colour, sex, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, gender identity, sexual orientation, or other protected category.