Do you believe you can do anything? Then we’re here to help you do it.
If you have a desire to succeed and drive your own career, Dimension Data offers you the opportunity to make that happen.
We’re positioned to lead the change in the biggest transformation that the IT industry has seen in decades — and we need your talent, skill, and ambitious ideas. As a Global Top Employer to over 31,000 great people in more than 57 countries, you’ll be working with talented teams across the world. You’ll be doing great things for our clients and helping them achieve their business ambitions.
The Network Engineer role will be responsible for the design, implementation and support of a new system, including maintenance of a small number of legacy systems.
The primary focus for this role will be the administration of firewall security policies, Internet gateway, and the provision on VMware NSX components to facilitate the expansion of the new system.
The successful candidate will need strong network implementation and configuration skills and a proven ability to work within an integrated team of technical and non-technical personnel.
The successful candidate will hold a NV1 clearance
Main duties and responsibilities:
- Ensure that assigned infrastructure at the client site is configured, installed, tested and operational and that software is installed and configured according to client requirements.
- Provide Networking design and support to clients which includes provisioning, asset management, monitoring, implementation, troubleshooting and support for Networking operations and related infrastructure.
- Identify problems and errors prior to or when they occur and log all such incidents in a timely manner with the required level of detail.
To succeed in this role, you’ll need:
- Demonstrated experience in ICT network implementation, configuration, and maintenance including Cisco, HPE, and Palo Alto firewalls
- Demonstrated experience in all aspects of communications infrastructure, internal and external, remote access, public and private clouds, WAN, LAN, and Internet gateways
- Demonstrated knowledge of software defined networking (SDN) used within Data Centres
- Demonstrated experience in the production of network configurations and associated documentation
- Demonstrated experience in using network management software and tools to investigate and diagnose network problems, collect performance statistics and create reports
- Ability to work with Senior Network Engineers to develop device configurations, network capacity, capability and performance analysis
- Experience in the configuration and maintenance VMware NSX components will be highly considered
We look for people with a client centric, consultative approach. You’re committed to excellence and ongoing development, and want to leverage the fantastic training opportunities that we offer. We want team players. We care about our clients, our colleagues, and the environment and we want you to do the same.
In return for your skills and your commitment to our values, you will be rewarded with a responsive and balanced workplace, unparalleled IT industry positioning, industry leading benefits, an excellent salary and bonus structure along with a talented and focused team.
Join our growing global team and accelerate your career with Dimension Data. Apply today!
Diversity in Dimension Data
Dimension Data is an equal opportunity employer with a global culture that embraces diversity. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be unfairly discriminated against on any arbitrary ground including race, colour, sex, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, gender identity, sexual orientation, or other protected category.