Looking for the next step in your career? Enjoy a challenge? Do you have an ambition for innovation? Want to make a difference?
If you join our growing global team, you’ll be working for an industry leader with offices across five continents, in over 47 countries and more than 28 000 employees. You will work with some of the leading world brands across the Fortune 100 and Fortune 500 companies – who are all relying on Dimension Data to help them use the power of technology to achieve their ambition in this digital era. You’ll be part of a team who’s passionate about making a difference to the way technology shapes how we live and work – whether it’s protecting the rhino, connecting the G20 Summit, or revolutionising cycling, giving you the opportunity to do great things.
You’ll be joining a Global Top Employer, recognised for investing in talent because people are at the heart of our success. You provide the skills, passion and ideas, and we’ll provide the platform to realise your ambitions. Great talent. Great teams. Great work. Great opportunities.
We are currently looking for a Senior Systems Engineer to join our Managed Services team to enable the delivery of consistently excellent services through the provision of stable, reliable and scalable systems infrastructure and services. This role is a permanent position and will be working out of our state of the art offices in Sydney or Melbourne.
What we expect you to do:
- Effectively support, manage and maintain the infrastructure (production, testing, development), in particular, but not limited to the Global Services Operating Architecture (GSOA)
- Work closely with other teams within Dimension Data globally, 3rd party hardware and software vendors, and Managed Services clients as required for the design, maintenance and delivery of systems and services
- Liaise with Dimension Data Global support to help maintain and support the Monitoring and Management components of the GSOA
- Assist in the testing and release of infrastructure-related patches, system upgrades and new capabilities
- After hours on-call fault resolution on a rotating roster, as well as occasional project work and upgrades
To succeed in this role you'll need:
- Proven ability in building and managing Linux, VMware/ESXi environments, and diagnosing highly complex technical issues
- Experience in network monitoring and management environments
- Experience in the ITIL model (change, release, configuration, etc.)
- Experience in working with virtualised computing environments, commercial backup solutions, various web server technologies, and various scripting and automation languages
- Experience with:
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux
- EMC SAN technologies
- EMC SMARTS & NCM, and EMC Watch4Net
- Centralised authentication server technologies
- SQL (MySQL/PostgreSQL/MSSQL) database administration
- Fibre channel switching
- Cisco UCS environments
- Excellent communication and documentation skills
We look for people with a client centric, consultative approach. You’re committed to excellence and ongoing development, and want to leverage the fantastic training opportunities that we offer. We want team players. We care about our clients, our colleagues, and the environment and we want you to do the same.
In return for your skills and your commitment to our values, you will be rewarded with:
- a responsive and balanced workplace
- unparalleled IT industry positioning
- industry leading benefits
- an excellent salary and bonus structure
- a talented and focused team.
Join our growing global team and accelerate your career with Dimension Data. Apply today by clicking the ‘apply for this job’ button!
Diversity in Dimension Data
Dimension Data is an equal opportunity employer with a global culture that embraces diversity. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be unfairly discriminated against on any arbitrary ground including race, colour, sex, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, gender identity, sexual orientation, or other protected category.