- Canberra Location
- 9 Month Contract - Immediate Start
- Great Working Environment
Torch Professional Services is a people-focused specialist consultancy that provides project IT Professionals to a wide range of organisations across Australia. Our expertise comes from years working side by side with not only the top companies in Australia but also small to medium locally owned organisations in both the private and public sectors. Our aim is to provide excellence in service and seamless experience. We are agile in our delivery and flexible in our approach.
We are seeking to engage the services of a Senior Solution Architect for an initial 6-9 month assignment.
As the Senior Architect, you will lead in defining solutions for digital technology on a diverse project portfolio. Projects will vary from reviewing and enhancing operational excellence through new technologies, understanding and incorporating Cloud and Big Data solutions as well as other digital platforms.
You will be the gateway between the business and technology and will be excited about how technology can help solve business issues, naturally, you will be an outstanding communicator and writer to convey your vision.
To be successful in this role you will need:
- Experience in a similar role, i.e. Solution Architect, Enterprise Architect or Technical Architect, etc
- Strong interpersonal skills and demonstrated ability to effectively collaborate and influence outcomes within ICT and business stakeholders
- Current or recent experience in a complex IT enterprise environment
- Excellent documentation skills and attention to detail including the ability to define features, phases and solution requirements
- Demonstrated understanding of ICT technology and industry trends across:
- Enterprise security systems
- Public and private cloud strategies and environments (IaaS, PaaS, SaaS)
- Server, middleware and associated systems and platforms
- Data storage/platforms and data networks
- Datacenter, disaster recovery, and business continuity strategies
- Mobility and collaboration systems
To be considered for this role you should have;
- Systems integration experience in complex environments
- Diverse experience with system architectures covering infrastructure, applications, data, integration and security.
- Strong understanding of modern Cloud-based concepts and architecture
- Outstanding ability to analyse, isolate and interpret business needs and develop appropriate technical solutions
- Technical knowledge of programming, system design, IT infrastructure and database concepts
- Good understanding of secure file transfer methodologies and encryption
- Excellent analytical skills and proven track record solving difficult problems
- Excellent social and communication skills, with a passion for mentoring, knowledge sharing and collaboration
- Excellent active listening skills
- Ability to provide technology-specific documents as required
- Ability to clearly articulate messages to a variety of audiences
- Good business acumen and understanding of organisational and project issues and challenges
- Experience working in both traditional and agile projects
- Experience within the water, electric and/or gas utility sector
- Experience with Operational Technology, e.g. GIS, SCADA, etc
- Formal certifications/qualifications relevant to the role
- Experience with tools like JIRA, Azure DevOps for agile task management
Australian Citizens and Permanent Residents are eligible to apply.
Please APPLY NOW by attaching your resume in a word format and we will contact you should your skills be deemed suited.
Thank you, Torch Professional Services appreciates your interest.