- Australian Citizen
- Braddon, Australian Capital Territory
- 12 months contract
These roles support our client's key life critical application NEXUS. Nexus is the divisions information management system and provides a consistent and flexible way of managing the information passed in and out of the division. It provides tools for operators to manage its information in an efficient, robust way, utilising a server, software framework, operational workstations, computer telephony and large electronic wall displays. Nexus is designed to support the way the division works.
The purpose of Nexus is to:
- Track and record the status of all divisions incidents;
- Capture statistics and performance indicators required for the efficient management of the division;
- Obtain data on specific equipment loaded and deployed;
- Provide administrative and financial information;
- Provide input to monthly reporting; and
- Provide data to assist in ad-hoc inquiries.
From a development perspective Nexus is more aptly described as an ecosystem of applications that support the divisions business functions with a JAVA back end and a .NET front end.
To be successful you will possess the following:
- At least 8 years Java experience, enterprise design patterns, JPA, JEE an advantage, reactive programming an advantage. Web service development, SOAP and REST APIs.
- Maven lifecycle management, Continuous Integration, Unit and System Integration testing.
- Major database experience, including data modelling, stored procedures. Oracle preferred.
- Unix/Linux, Bash.
- AWS development.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Willingness to be 24x7 on-call. On average one call a fortnight for the backend developer team. Historically calls escalated to the developer team between 10pm and 6am are rare (one per year).
Australian Citizens and ability to obtain a Baseline Clearance.
Please APPLY NOW by attaching your resume in a word format and we will contact you should your skills be deemed suited.
Thank you, Torch Professional Services appreciates your interest.